Music is king

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Of course I have always known this. But it hit me hard this week.

I am on holiday in a pretty nice holiday flat. B&O TV and stereo system included, designer furniture and crockery etc. Artist like look. Very nice.

Back to the B&O stuff. Of course I gave it a whirl when I first came. Nice sound. But fairly old, so only CD or radio, and no audio in. So the first 3 days I mainly listened to my Sony bluetooth speaker.

Today the battery ran out and I had forgotten the charger. ;(

Radio for a bit...hmph, nice sound, not MY tunes, and annoying ad-breaks in a language I don't understand (that's a positive).

Time to make the evening meal. I want MY music.

Phone. Too quiet. So I put it in a big pan for volume. Rubbish sound, but MY tunes.

Just hammered home the point somewhat.

I do wish I'd a) brought some CDs for the Beocenter to play and/or b) remembered my charger for the Sony.

:)

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
This is why I love the X-Mi Mini II.

Not because it has great sound quality (it doesn't) but because the music is king first and formost and the X-Mi goes everywhere with me.

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
I take my chromecast everywhere now as most TV's (perhaps not the older B&O in this example) have an HDMI in.

Allows me to listen to my music (and TuneIn radio) anywhere with an internet connection. It's transformed my travelling.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
It's no biggee. I have a couple of pairs of decent headphones with me. So other than when I'm cooking, they provide the entertainment :)

It just struck me that I'd rather listen to a mobile phone in a pan than a nice pair of B&O speakers if it means I choose the music :)

Now relaxing in the sofa, with my Lenovo Yoga 2 pro, some Sennheiser Momentum on-ears, Spotify and

Ólafur Arnalds - Living Room Songs

nice... :)

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
fr0g said:
It just struck me that I'd rather listen to a mobile phone in a pan than a nice pair of B&O speakers if it means I choose the music :)

Yes I see what you mean now and I totally agree. Good music with bad sound quality wins over bad music with good sound quality every time.

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
fr0g said:
It's no biggee. I have a couple of pairs of decent headphones with me. So other than when I'm cooking, they provide the entertainment :)

Now relaxing in the sofa, with my Lenovo Yoga 2 pro, some Sennheiser Momentum on-ears, Spotify and

Ólafur Arnalds - Living Room Songs

?

nice... :)

Listening to it now. Beautiful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts