music from PC tp PS3 over wireless net work

A

Anonymous

Hi. There are loads of guides, though I can't post links. Just google "pc to ps3 streaming guide" - problem solved!

A

Anonymous

Hi Tim. If using WMP, from what I remember, go into Tools>Options and there should be an option under Privacy (I think) to allow media sharing over a network. Can't check right now as I'm at work (wired network). Just make sure you have Media Player open on the PC, then search for media servers in whichever category on the XMB. I'll have a look tonight when I get home just to make sure.

A

Anonymous

The PS3 won't play aac files from itunes. If your music is stored as MP3 then you'll be OK.

As has been suggested, check out the guides for media sharing from WMP and setting up your PS3 to access media servers. You may find you need to open a lot of ports on any firewall you have running on your wireless router - again refer to the guides.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
It does I'm afraid. Is it in AAC (m4p) format i.e. Apple DRM? You can get around this by converting to mp3 or ripping to CD and converting etc. m4a works as far as I know.

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
i will check, all the music was ripped from CDs not loaded from i tunes store, but actually the main thing i want to do is view photos, i suppose an alternate way is to slap the photos onto a USB drive and just read from the USB drive....?

A

Anonymous

Just checked my settings at home and can confirm the following: Open WMP, then go to Tools>Options>Library, then click the Configure Sharing button. Tick the box marked Share my Media (making sure your PS3's switched on and connected to your network) and Bob's your Uncle. You should then be able to access your library via the XMB by searching for media servers under the relevant category (as long as WMP is open). HTH

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
TVersity will stream photos, music and movies. I use it for audio (converts my flac files to wav on the fly) but not for photos and video.

For photos and video I use WMP. Works a treat. I'm currently using a wired network but this also worked when I was wireless.

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
right, sucess last night...photos work a treat but as suspected WMP wont recognise my itunes music, i had a look and i think the music is all mp4, i can see an option to convert to AAC but not MP3, any tips?

not really a major issue as i dont tend to listen to music in my living room.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
You need to change the importer to MP3. Go to Controls > Preferences (or Edit > Preferences - not sure which it is as don't have the PC version!) within iTunes, then on the Advanced tab, click on the Importing tab. Where it says Import Using:, change this to MP3 and set the Setting to a bitrate which matches your existing files:

itunes-pc-advanced-importing-prefs.png

Now, when you right click on something in your library, you'll have the option to convert to MP3.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts