Muli-zone system advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there

I'm looking for some advice on what the best solution is for a multizone hifi system. The current scenario is that I have a single car garage in which I am laying a dance floor. Along one wall will be a wall mounted mirror to aid in dance practice, and against the back wall is a combination storage/seat which people can sit down on. The garage is relatively small in size so space is at a minimum. When it isn't being used as a dance floor, my car will be housed there.

To that effect, I want to:
  • Be able to put music to this room without necessarily having a micro system
  • Maximise the amount of floor space that can be used for dancing
  • Have the sound as clean and clear as possible.
  • Have the garage as a separate zone which would be managed from the main living area, but have some sort of remote control ability so the music can be controlled from the garage.
  • In the future, be able to add additional rooms as aggregated or separate zones
I am limited in the cashflow I have, and I'd like to be able to extend the design to include other rooms in the zone at a later stage if I so choose. At this stage, I'm looking at a budget of around $1500 AUD. Do you have any recommendations which would fit the bill?

Thanks for your help!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I've never really looked into this but I believe several 'budget' manufacturers including Cambridge Audio and NAD have amps/receivers that can control one or perhaps two additional zones. Alternatively look at DENON which specialize in multi zone (small) commercial application hardware but its more expensive.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts