wma music files. What is the difference in these formats ? and if i
download from Spotify or Itunes will this make any difference ? Spotify
uses mp3 files ? Not sure about the format of songs via ITunes. Please
could someone be kind enough to help me with this ! Im keen to try out
these websites and download some albums but i want the highest quality
playback through my hifi.

Thanks.

idc

Hi Stephen. Spotify streams music using Ogg Vorbis. The music file is not downloaded. I am not sure how that would work with the Rega. How does it 'accept' the music? Is it a USB to its own DAC? If so a PC to Apollo to amp will mean you can use any form of music. But it does not sound like that is the case. Itunes does mp3, not sure about cda and it does not do WMA. Is it a case of files burnt to a CD-RW from one of those file types will play in it? If so Spotify is no use as you cannot (officially) put that music onto disc. But a burnt disc off itunes in mp3 will play.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
iTunes DLs are AACs (128kpbs or 256kbps as 'iTunes Plus'). And, obviously, you can import/burn CDs as AAC (up to 320kbps max), AIFF (CD's original file format), Apple Lossless, MP3 (eww!) or WAV.

sthomas048

May 23, 2009
Visit site
Yes, sorry i wasnt so good at explaining what i meant !
emotion-10.gif
Showing my age without trying !

So what i meant was what format of file are available to download and burn to cd from those two music sites. Looks as if im stuck with mp3 all the way then, oh well. I can buy songs from both sites in mp3 format and burn them to cd. Upto 320kbps is the best from Spotify it seems.

Thanks both, your replies were very helpful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts