Cowon iaudio 10 or something else ?

Dune

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi !

For a long time now, i've been using an ipod nano 5th generation with an Audio Technica ATH WS55. And for about a year and a half now, i've been purchasing high quality songs online on a platform called Qobuz. I want to change my setup because the sound of the ipod isn't that great and i want to be able to enjoy the songs i bought in the best possible way...

I buy all my songs online, if i can't find them on Qobuz, i'll buy them on itunes, witch means most of my library is in AAC or ALAC. Recently i've been checking online new MP3 players wich can play high resolution songs. One in particular catched my eyes : the Cowon iaudio 10.

Basically i'm looking for a good quality MP3 player, simple, i don't need any features like videos, etc... Something i can take with me and wich will allow me to listen to my music in the best possible way, but also in a reasonable budget.

As a headphone i thought the Sennheiser HD 25 could be a good partner to the iaudio 10...

What do you think of this setup ? I've been reading a lot of tests online, and i'am kind of lost in all the specs i don't understand...

Also I have another question, the Cowon can't read ALAC and AAC songs. For ALAC, it's not realy a problem, i can download all my songs again in FLAC from Qobuz, but for all the AAC songs, i'll have to convert them into an other format. Wich one should i take ? FLAC ? Isn't it going to damage the files along the way, and drop the final quality ?

Thank you in advance.

EnjoyingTheMusic

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
The iAudio10 from Cowon is an older model of theirs now - I'd get the Plenue D from Cowon instead which will take a 128gb MicroSD card in addition to its storage. The price and sound are good.

Dune

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
I've posted the same question on another forum, and somebody told me to look out the Fiio X3 2nd génération. Finally i bought it yesterday. Everything fits my needs, the form factor, all the formats supported, the musicality... The Plenue D seems great, but the X3 can read AAC and ALAC and is a little bit cheaper, fitting perfectly my budget.

Which lead me to another question : which headphone would pair perfectly with the Fiio X3 ? I've red online that the Yamaha EPH 100 could be a good choice, but i'm a little afraid of the intras... When you walk, you hear the sound of your steps and the friction on your clothes... So basically, i'm looking for a nomad good quality headphone, below 200 euros, with a great musicality. I listen to almost every kind of music. And i like my sound dynamic and a little bit warm but whith a good balance.

If you have any idea... Thanks in advance.

TRENDING THREADS