More upgrade help please

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 108165

No sarcasm intended Al, you're a good guy and know yer onions so I would always consider any recommendations from you.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
amormusic said:
Thanks for all input everyone... Decided am going to go down PMC rout and for some PMC DB1i or Gold, 21's I feel will be too big.

I will report back, hopefully grinning from ear to ear once I've picked some up. They seem to infrequently come up on eBay so hopefully in the next month or two... Tried local shop for some golds but not stocked.

Thanks again

The Golds are only stocked by one hifi chain I believe, 7oaks.

D

Deleted member 108165

Mark Rose-Smith said:
sorryDoug ,wasn't meant to come across in such a way,I came across that info whilst reading a hi-fi+(Alan Sircom) review last year some time,while looking for as much info on them as i could find,I had to buy blind so had to do some homework..

No apologies necessary Mark, it was probably me that was out of order *give_rose*. Maybe I was a bit jaded and cranky after my 6 day working week....*wacko*

Enjoy your posts immensely, especially your journey on the vinyl front - gives me ideas *smile*.

D

Deleted member 160668

Thanks all for your help and suggestions.

Move taken on board the positioning and will have a play around with this once they arrive.

Contacted Fanthorpes for some golds but too far away... So bought some DB1+'s in mind cond on eBay last night. Now waiting in anticipation!

Thats me done with upgrades for a while I think. May eventually look to ditch Classik and get pre amp/CD as separate units. But happy for now.

Thanks again all.

D

Deleted member 160668

Probably wrong section but oh well...

...and with the change from my budget I'd set myself I'm going to treat myself to some Sennheiser ie800 in ear Headphones for on the move.

Double winner...

D

Deleted member 108165

amormusic said:
Thanks all for your help and suggestions.

Move taken on board the positioning and will have a play around with this once they arrive.

Contacted Fanthorpes for some golds but too far away... So bought some DB1+'s in mind cond on eBay last night. Now waiting in anticipation!

Thats me done with upgrades for a while I think. May eventually look to ditch Classik and get pre amp/CD as separate units. But happy for now.

Thanks again all.

Be sure to come back and let us know what you think of DB1's.

D

Deleted member 160668

Hi all,

Firstly thanks to all for your communal help, tips and direction.

The PMC's are arrived and installed and sound totally incredible. They are so much smaller than the B&W's but sound really amazing. The bass they carry is unbelievable for such a small box. I am listening to London Grammar as I write this and have tried various genres and each sounds brilliant.

I have several hours to kill and so am about to open a bottle of wine and spend several hours perusing my Cd collection.

Feedback on these, in the short time I've owned them is that they are truly superb, crystal clear and have literally made me laugh out loud at how good they sound.

I am a seriously happy guy. Isn't it amazing how great tunes, which sound really good can just make you really smile!

Thanks again everyone.

D

Deleted member 108165

amormusic said:
Hi all,

Firstly thanks to all for your communal help, tips and direction.

The PMC's are arrived and installed and sound totally incredible. They are so much smaller than the B&W's but sound really amazing. The bass they carry is unbelievable for such a small box. I am listening to London Grammar as I write this and have tried various genres and each sounds brilliant.

I have several hours to kill and so am about to open a bottle of wine and spend several hours perusing my Cd collection.

Feedback on these, in the short time I've owned them is that they are truly superb, crystal clear and have literally made me laugh out loud at how good they sound.

I am a seriously happy guy. Isn't it amazing how great tunes, which sound really good can just make you really smile!

Thanks again everyone.

Another satisfied PMC owner, welcome to the club, sir *drinks* Did you manage to get them out of the corners of your room?

I can gurantee that they will never cease to amaze you, even to this day mine surprise me all the time. My upgrade search stopped 2 years ago when I purchased mine.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
on your new arrivals. Like others have mentioned PMC's sound seriously good. London Grammar brings out the best of them too, a good combination! Enoy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts