monitor audio speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm using MA Silver RS6 speakers floorstanders for a home cinema set up and want to add the rear surrounds. I don't have a lot of space at the back of the room and the RSFX look a bit bulky. Is it possible, or adviseable, to use other speakers - say the Radius HD90 - that are more compact for the rears and still get a good integration? I'm using a Denon 2809 amp.

Any advice from the more experienced of you would be great.

Thanks,

Peter

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Peterudge:
I'm using MA Silver RS6 speakers floorstanders for a home cinema set up and want to add the rear surrounds. I don't have a lot of space at the back of the room and the RSFX look a bit bulky. Is it possible, or adviseable, to use other speakers - say the Radius HD90 - that are more compact for the rears and still get a good integration? I'm using a Denon 2809 amp.

Thanks,

Peter

I use the old R90 speakers (not the new HD ones) with my RS6 set up (including the RSW12 sub) and they are great. The perfect solution to your conundrum which is the same one I had.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I agree - the Radius speakers will have a similar-enough sonic signature to their siblings to create a coherent surround sound experience.

As a general guide to anyone thinking of mixing/matching speaker packages, we'd recommend at the very least keeping the Left, centre and right speakers from the same set-up - you can be a little more flexible with the surrounds and subwoofer.

A

Anonymous

If you wish to flush mount then check out the R180HD's

Very compact and not rear ported.

Sound great as surrounds in my system.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Peterudge:

Thanks,

Peter

You must be seriously short of room if you cannot fit the RSFXs in. They only measure 12x12x6ins.

A

Anonymous

They are tiny and sit high up near the ceiling!

You must be kidding

A

Anonymous

Peterudge:

Thanks,

Peter

Yeah, just to back up what others say, I have MA BR2's front left, centre and front right with old Radius 90's for rears. The sound is amazing and coherent. The amp is a Marantz SR7002. You won't regret the choice!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts