Monitor Audio Speakers - Warranty

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone know if the 3 year warranty on Monitor Audio speakers is transferable is the speakers are sold on by the original owner to a 2nd owner ?

And out of interest, same question for general consumer warranty on electronic goods when purchased as 2nd hand - assuming relevent paperwork (manufacturers warranty card, and original purchers receipt) ?

A

Anonymous

Phoned MA, and they said provided all paperwork was present and correct they would expect to honour 3yr warranty.

In general it seems standard manufacturer warranties are transferable when goods are sold between end users.

A

Anonymous

Monitor Audios customer support is excellent.

Give them a ring and ask about any bits you need because something is missing/broken.

I took my centre speaker in (I live 10 miels away) because I was suspiscious of the crossover. The dude rigged it up to his thingamy (out the back somewhere) and produced a frequency response curve, plotted it compared to the reference... it matched showing my speaker worked fine. I asked if he could re-attach the tweeter guard which had come loose, only held on by the magnetism. He said it was the wrong size one, not sure how it got there (second hand speaker). He replaced that and without me even asking replaced the front speaker grille, which was a bit loose, letting me keep the old one. This was for my gold reference centre.

As it is, so long as it has been working a while (i.e. it's proven) and you take care of it you'll get years and years out of your MA speakers (much like most other speakers), way more than a 3 years warranty. I'd be suprised if any faild before that was up - unless they failed in the first couple of weeks or you're a total psychopath when it comes to stressing your speakers - I mean full amplitude square waves psycho!;)

Disclaimer: Full amplitude square waves through your speakers is a very, very bad idea.

A

Anonymous

Mr_Poletski:

Disclaimer: Full amplitude square waves through your speakers is a very, very bad idea.

Oh, so that's why my Missions blew after that 80s keyboard solo...

A

Anonymous

Thank-you for response Mr_Poletski.

Sounds like the customer service is even better than the products
emotion-2.gif

I've always liked Monitor Audio speakers, still have pair bought new in the 1980's that work great and still retains the beautiful cabinet finish MA are known for. The amp and CD player I bought at that time have long since stopped working. My latest pair were a bargain, rs1's only 6 months old with all paperwork and packaging for only 150 and only had to drive down the road to collect
emotion-54.gif
they don't yet sound run in to me.

A

Anonymous

Hey Can u please give the Monitor Audio service centers address and contact number.

I am facing a Tweeter problem with Rs1.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts