Monitor Audio Silver RX2 vs Bronze BX2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hello all,

i'm kind of in love with both of these speakers, and although i believe that their not comparable, i would like to hear from you opinions about both.

But first I must tell you that this is going to be part of a system mainly for vinil (but with CD music also), and to be placed in a small room.

I'm not looking for power, but for detail and definition (both bass and treble).

What I would like to know is that if the price difference between both is justifiable in a scenario like this.

I would like to have some pointers about the best amplifier brand to pair with such speakers.

My idea is NAD, Marantz or Rotel, and i'm not sure if any of these brands have good products to pair with any of these. I must add that you can also consider old amps for this advices, and not only new ones.

Thank you all.

A

Anonymous

What size of room are you talking about? the mon audio rx2 speakers are fairly big for a standmount and they produce a lot of bass which might be too much for a small room. What about the RX1's? I think rotel might be a little bright sounding with the mon audios. My preference is for nad and i know that my c352 amp went well with my RS1's. Some people prefer marantz's more neutral sound and i think marantz would go well with mon audio.

I would try and demo if i were you as i have found mon audio speakers to be a little system fussy in the past

A

Anonymous

Fraz1:
What about the RX1's?

You got your point there. I think i'll give a try at RX1. So just to clear this part, is the Silver series allround better than the Bronze series? Or I might have some benefit with the BX2 in comparison with the RX1?

The room is 10 square meters (around 107 square feet i believe), and my listening point would be around 2 meters from the speakers. So not much power needed.

I'm also thinking on a second hand Marantz SE KI models (PM66, or PM 6010OSE) in order to grab a bargain and start from there.

Do you think it's a good choice? Or you believe I should go directly to a new amp?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I have the rx1's and I find them great for music and movies, but they are a bit more laid back.

I think the BX range is more like the old silver range and a bit more bright.

You can go wrong with either, but is it worth the price difference....... Only you can answer that

A

Anonymous

One other thing that makes me think is the fact that the Silvers have the air being sent backwards, and the Bronzes have the air being sent forwards.

In my particular case, and since the room is small, all space is important, and i believe that with the BX2 i probably can place then closer to the wall than with the RX1.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

And Canda16, you're totally right, only i can answe that, and I have to listen to both.

But what you guys think about those second hand choices of amps?

TRENDING THREADS