Monitor Audio RX1 front with Cambridge Audio MINX MIN21 satellites?

MarHantz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi Forum,

I've been lurking on this very interesting forum for a while now and just decided to enter my first post.

Recently I obtained a Marantz SR7008 (just couldn't resist at this price) and now I'm looking for a set of speakers.

I audited a couple of monitor speakers and decided to go for the Monitor Audio RX1 as front/stereo speakers.

Now to make my 5.1 setup complete, I was thinking of buying the Cambridge Audio's MIN21 mini speakers for rear and center, and maybe some MIN11 to make it 7.1 or even 9.1. I am particularly interested in the CA MINX because of the good reviews it received on various websites and maybe even more important, it's unbeatable WAF.

For sub, I had in mind the BK XLS200 MKII.

Any thought on this configuration? Is it advisable to have different makes of speaker in an HT setup?

Thanks already for any answer,

-- Regards Hans

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Popular consensus is to stick with the same manufacturer wherever possible. I'd consider looking at Monitor Audio's Radius surrounds to try and integrate with your RX1s as seamlessly as possible.

Sub's not quite so important and many here mix and match sub/ sat manufacturers. I've not heard any BK subs myself, but they have a good reputation.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
With the quality of your amp, I would be looking to get speakers that can do it justice, unless you are in a very small room and cannot accomodate bigger speakers. The matching RX centre speaker would be ideal. Maybe then in the future you could get one of the other models in the range and the RX1's can become rear speakers (or even front height).

I have the BK XLS200's bigger brother the 400, I am very pleased with it.

manicm

MarHantz - here's an idea - assuming your room is not too large, go for the Cambridge Audio's MIN21 mini all round and the largest Minx 500 subwoofer. Don't be fooled by the Min21's size - they offer a brilliant soundstage and clarity, and they love power too which your amp well provides.

The sub must go to a corner though, if my experience is anything to go by.

MarHantz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, thanx for your input.

I've also been playing with the idea of eventually buying the RX6 (which I also audited but not too long, just long enough not to fall in love...) for fronts and then move the RX1 to the rear but hey, the better half wouldn't let me... :shame:

The room is large (at least for Dutch standards), approx 9m, with the TV-set in the middle of the wall, and 6,5 m on the 'short' end. Can the MINX S525 set fill this room? Moving the set to the middle of on of the short ends is not an option (doors and windows).

-- Regards, Hans

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Hans, I have the MA Bronze speakers (BX2, Centre & BXFX). Personally, I find that it is the front L/R and centre speakers that do most of the work – especially for speech. I suggest you try and demo the MINX and RX centre. That’s a big room you have and you need to be sure that the centre speaker will work in that space.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts