Monitor Audio RS6. would these be good speakers to be paired with an Onkyo TX-SR875 ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi again!

Thank you for the people that replied to my previous question about what A/V reciever to check out.

Next question is thoughts and opinions on Monitor Audio RS6 speakers to be paired with this unit?

Initially I may just buy the main front speakers and then in a few months, buy the other speakers to make up the RS6 A/V set up.

Obviously it would be a good idea to go and listen to this set up, but what are your initial thoughts?

Thanks again for the advice!

: )

A

Anonymous

My contribution will be of no help..but I have bought the RS6 front and centre speakers to go with the Onkyo 905. I didn't audition them and so I couldn't say. I just relied on the rating in WHF! Tut tut many would say

In another thread Andrew Everard said that these speakers 'were okay..' with this system but said that it really needed a serious pair of speakers (but I can't remember the name!) - I recall that they were over a thousand pounds....Andrew can you help!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, the RS6s will be fine with the TX-SR875. The speakers I mentioned before were the PMC GB1s, but as MS says, they're the wrong side of £1000.

A

Anonymous

I have just bought the TX-SR875 and went for the RS8's. Felt they would be better for music.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys.

Not sure if there is anything else I should look at that would be suitable for both music and down the road....movies.

A

Anonymous

What would be a suitable CD player to go with Onkyo TX-SR875 and Monitor Audio RS6 speaker package. I listen to a wide range of music.

I plan you get a blu ray / HD DVD player and I beleive that the ones availble in the market right now don't play CD's that well.

help please.....

A

Anonymous

Andrew,

can you please advice. I dont want to get a separate stereo amp and was thinking of using the TX-SR875 with a decent CD player.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts