a whafedale SW150 as the sub. But for the front speakers would it be
best to gor for the BR5 (£400 floor standers) or the RS1 (£350
bookshelf). I would usualls go straight for the floor standers but as i
mainly listen to music and only a few films a week i want the stero
sound to be really good. I know the BR5's will have more bass but as im
using a sub will it matter much?

A

Anonymous

I demo'd both these when I upgraded and went for the RS1 as the stereo performance was noticeably better.

I use these with a sub for home cinema and set the sub to come in when the RS1's drop off on base. It will shake stuff off the coffee table when turned up so is plenty for me!

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
If you buy standmounters you would have to buy stands.with floorstanders you can always select the crossover frequency from the sub and the front speakers.probably it gives better control .

A

Anonymous

Im really not sure as they will basically come to about the same cost, and the BR5's look so much cooler, and nicer. and they would fit in better with the other speakers

A

Anonymous

i used to have the monitor audio br5's with the roksan kandy L.111 ,mk3 cd player and i couldnt fault them for the price, i then moved them upstairs and bought the brlcr centre, br1 surrounds and brw10 sub and again they was great for movies ,id personily go for the br5's to match the rest of your bronze equipment they wont dissapoint you for stereo or movies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts