Monitor Audio Radius HD and Apex center speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm thinking of going for a 5.1 system from one of the above Monitor Audio ranges. The thing that's bothering me is center speaker placement. I'm going to place it on the bottom stand of the AV rack just above the floor and from what i can tell there's no way to tilt the center speakers from these two ranges to look upwards right?

A

Anonymous

your home cinema looks great. i guess it will be ok then. now it looks i should decide if i can go for the expensive apex. have you heard it bigboss?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
It is better to keep the front 3 speakers at the samelevel if possible, but if that's not possible, it's not the end of the world. In some situations it won't affect things too much (as in Big Boss' system). But if it does, you could tilt the centre up by using some rubber feet underneath the front of the centre speaker. There are some centre speaker 'cradles' on the market, a sort of tabletop type stand allowing you to tilt the centre. There's always a way around everything......

As far as Radius vs Apex goes, Apex is designed as a higher end product than the Radius. I think you'll be happy with either, but the Apex range will have several advantages in terms of it's cabinet material and higher quality drivers, which are derived from the RX series. I've heard them, but only at the Bristol Show, so there's no way I'm passing judgement until I hear them properly in our own demo room.

b33k34

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
My Radius 225 centre speaker sits quite low under my TV. I tilted it using a halved squash ball under the two front corners (and very small rubber feet on the back). It made a surprising difference to the sound quality.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
It wouldn't be so bad if you have a laminate floor, but if you have carpet, you definitely need to try and tilt the speaker back to stop the carpet soaking up the higher frequencies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts