Monitor Audio BX5 matching with Onkyo A-9030 amp

ricom980

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello I am new on this site. I wonder whether a good match Monitor Audio BX5 with Onkyo A-9030 int. amp? I need an amp., with output for the sub. and two pairs of speakers connectors, such as the Onkyo have. Sorry for my english. :)

Thanks for your answers.

Ricky

matthewpiano

It could be a slightly clinical sounding combination going on my previous experience of MA BX range and Onkyo amplification. I would advise hearing it before you buy.

Worthwhile alternatives, which will work well with the BX5s, are the Yamaha A-S500 and Marantz PM6005. Both will bring a touch more warmth than the Onkyo.

Alternatively you might wish to try some Q Acoustics 2050i or Dali Zensor 5 speakers instead of the MAs, either with the Onkyo amp or with the Marantz.

ricom980

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank for your answer. What do you exactly mean slightly clinical sound? Maybe this can help me to have a Marantz CD5001 with Atlas interconnect cables to match with this Onkyo A-9030 and MA BX5 or this can't help me with the sound. The problem is I don't have the possibility to listen this set-up in my country.
Does your advice still remains on the Yamaha A-S500 amp? In my country Yamaha it costs € 170 more than the Onkyo A-9030.
Is your worth by adding this difference to the Yamaha A-S500 it's sounds better for this difference in price?

I apologize for disrupting you with this answers.

Regards

Ricky

ricom980

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank for your answer. What do you exactly mean slightly clinical sound? Maybe this can help me to have a Marantz CD5001 with Atlas interconnect cables to match with this Onkyo A-9030 and MA BX5 or this can't help me with the sound. The problem is I don't have the possibility to listen this set-up in my country. Does your advice still remains on the Yamaha A-S500 amp? In my country Yamaha it costs € 170 more than the Onkyo A-9030. Is your worth by adding this difference to the Yamaha A-S500 it's sounds better for this difference in price?

I apologize for disrupting you with this answers.

Regards

Ricky

T

the record spot

I've owned two Onkyo amps now and clinical is not a characteristic I recognise. Full, highly musical, zero harshness are more what I'm used to. The company had developed its gear to be more musical and less hifi. With great success I feel.

T

the record spot

The amplifier is the TX-NR818 listed below, with the Tannoy DC4 also listed in my signature. My previous amp was the Onkyo TX-8050, and as stated, neither are "clinical". Clear, yes, detailed, but not at the expense of good quality audio.

T

the record spot

I really couldn't say. You would need to hear for yourself and then decide.

peterpiper

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I have a little experience of the 9030 amp, for the money its a great amp, i would not say its bright at all,it has a warm musical midrange, the treble seems *slightly* less detailed than my AS500 , the bass can be a little less focused as well, but it can sound very full too, WHF said they tried it with KEF R100, and it was at home with them, So i would have thought BX5 would be fine with them,

See the WHF review , it comes out well

avoid the phase matching bass button unless listening at very low levels, it makes the bass sound too heavy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts