Monitor audio bx2 and nad d3020

PedroPereira

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
i bought a pair of ma bx2 to partner with nad d3020, but i need to change because the sound is tho bright, expecially the treble is too harsh, any other options? i like warmer sound, not so analitic.

PedroPereira

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
i have a shortlist of possible options:

- Acoustic energy 301

- B&W 685

- Qacosutics 2020i/concept 20

- Wharfedale 121/122

- Xtz 93.23

Any advice over this options? or other you think i must listen

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Out of that list, I'd definitely try the Concept 20.

If the budget can be stretched, the Kef LS 50s would be worth a listen.......Stereophile were so impressed when they matched them with the d3020 that they said, "but toward the end of the listening period I hooked it up to a pair of glorious KEF LS50s ($1499/pair) and turned the volume up high. I was bowled over by the sound, which easily matched the best I'd ever heard at home, and reminded me in many ways of what I'd recently experienced with the tubed Croft Phono Integrated ($1895)."
The whole review is here: http://www.stereophile.com/content/entry-level-35

PedroPereira

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
i know i should try before but it's difficult to locate a dealer with such variety. so i have to make some priorities and for that i'm asking some help :)

PedroPereira

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
i'm not from uk. here we don't have that type of hi fi chain stores, so i have to select the products i want to listen in deferent places, anyway thanks for your help. i hear that dali zensor 3 is also a good choice. any further advice?

gasolin

PedroPereira said:
i bought a pair of ma bx2 to partner with nad d3020, but i need to change because the sound is tho bright, expecially the treble is too harsh, any other options? i like warmer sound, not so analitic.

Heard the Nad with zensor 1 and lektor 2 playing (streaming) from a iphone it sounded distorted in the bass and sounded like a mp3 file, but it wasnt to bright (zensor 1 could be bright) try mabye some other speaker cable.

Did you find any solution?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts