Monitor Audio Apex V Radius

LEEMCCANN

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi Im wondering how much better the apex speakers are compared to the original radius.

Im interested in upgrading my fronts and centre from for the radius R270 floor standers and R225 centre to 3 of the larger centre apex 40 speakers. I will prob keep the rears as raidus for now as i have 4, maybe i could upgrade these later.

Is this system more about the sub or are the speakers stong in their own right, i already have a REL stampede and dont really want the expense of changing it.

The other speakers i was looking at prior to the release of the apex were the Silver RX, again id prob just be replacing the front 3 for now.

My current reciever is a denon 2910.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Quite different.

The Apex uses drive units based on the Silver series, and are far more detailed than the original Radius. If you're after music quality as well as movies, the RX would be the better bet, but if you're mainly movies, the Apex will be a better bet.

Most decent sub/sat systems will benefit from a better subwoofer, but your Stampede should work fine.

LEEMCCANN

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi thanks for that, in your opionion is there much to gain by uing 3 apex 40's or would just one for the centre and 2 smaller for LR suffice

my amp is 2310 by the way not 2910

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Using three matching speakers across the front will have it's benefits - all will be exactly equal in every sense, so will sound exactly the same. Using the 10's for left and right won't sound quite as good as ll 40's, but obviously it'll still match in well. We've been running ours in in our dem room as a normal package - sounds great!

I prefer matching L/C/R packages.

A

Anonymous

I really like the look of those apex, but at 250 a speaker, might be a bit too rich.

Was going to go for rx6 for fronts or rx2, and was thinking about aprex for rear.

I think that would be a sweet combo for movies

LEEMCCANN:
Hi Im wondering how much better the apex speakers are compared to the original radius.

Im interested in upgrading my fronts and centre from for the radius R270 floor standers and R225 centre to 3 of the larger centre apex 40 speakers. I will prob keep the rears as raidus for now as i have 4, maybe i could upgrade these later.

Is this system more about the sub or are the speakers stong in their own right, i already have a REL stampede and dont really want the expense of changing it.

The other speakers i was looking at prior to the release of the apex were the Silver RX, again id prob just be replacing the front 3 for now.

My current reciever is a denon 2910.

Hi LEEMCANN

I used my reference Chord Electronics DSP8000/SPM3005 to compare both sets and as good as the Radius HD Series is the new Apex series of main speakers perform significantly better than the Radius HD models right across the board. Three Apex 40's for left, centre and right will be ideal and upgrading to Apex rears later on will be the icing on the cake.

Btw, the Apex's performance potential will also accomodate other component changes that you might wish to make. The Apex Series is a class act.
emotion-1.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
canada16: I really like the look of those apex, but at 250 a speaker, might be a bit too rich.

Was going to go for rx6 for fronts or rx2, and was thinking about aprex for rear.

I think that would be a sweet combo for movies

The only thing there is that the Apex's are a little more lively sounding than the RX series, so I'd stick to the RXFX rears or a pair of RX1's as they will blend in far better with the RX fronts.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts