MJ ACOUSTICS sub problems

GarbageGuy

Dec 8, 2020
Visit site
Hi all.
After putting my MJ ACOUSTICS Pro 100 mk1 sub woofer in a back room for a month as we redecorate, I've found holes in the 2 speakers, presume a moth or something had a good lunch.
MJ say they no longer supply the speakers.
There is a printed number on a speaker 4518.1 C28 but a search brings up nothing.
They are 200mm "long throw" drivers with 8 screw holes.
I'm in two minds to buy 2 more speakers to put in or to say sod it and sell my home cinema setup and get a sonos play bar, as I don't use my cinama setup to often.
Can anyone point me in the direction of which speakers would work best in the sub?
Thanks

GarbageGuy

Dec 8, 2020
Visit site
MJ offered me discount on a new sub, but at £500 im not sure if I want another, this one cost me about £750 17 years ago. But if I can get replacement speakers that will sound ok, I may buy those. just want recommendations on which ones

Tonestar1

Assuming the speaker isn't worth much on the resale market I'd consider trying to repair first and see how it sounds. The cone is knackered in it's current condition so got to be worth a go. There are lots of videos online that go through the process.

Reactions: GarbageGuy
Assuming the speaker isn't worth much on the resale market I'd consider trying to repair first and see how it sounds. The cone is knackered in it's current condition so got to be worth a go. There are lots of videos online that go through the process.
Helpless when it comes to finding which transducers to replace his current ones with though.

GarbageGuy

Dec 8, 2020
Visit site
The holes are about 8cm x 2cm its a biggun around the top of the speaker that flexes, not the cone area, especially as I put my fingers through the holes today to get the speaker out of the enclosure the seal was hard to break, the other speaker just has a split and could be repaired as youtube vids, thanks
Im sure there was no damage when I took it from its usual position for storage whilse we decorate.

GarbageGuy

Dec 8, 2020
Visit site
Well I'm sure the hole wasn't there when I took it up to the spare room from the lounge, you check things when you move them dontcha 😂
Thought someone would have recommended a speaker by now 😭

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts