Mission E34 Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Seen a lot of these going cheap £299 from various on-line sites (supposed £650 new).

The styling may not be to everyones choice, but I like the look of them.

Looking to get a pair of floor stander now with a bit more exitment, fancy a little more than the MA BR2's can currently offer.

Anyone heard them,would they pair well with Marantz equipement??

A

Anonymous

Most magnificent speakers for the money available...and that's at £650, let alone £300! These big babies are the modern version of the Wharfedale E series (same owner and same series...co-incidence?) they are hugely efficient, easy to drive, fast as lightning, superbly balanced and although they don't have huge amounts of bass for their size, what they do have is clean, deep and fast. Very, very fast!

A

Anonymous

matthewpiano:I think Hughesy likes them!!!!

Yep!
emotion-2.gif

I would buy a pair (even for £650) if I had a bigger room and if I wasn't having a Bang & Oulfsen and Grado GS1000 session at the moment which is the best I have ever heard music before!

A

Anonymous

Think that was the most positive reaction I have seen on the site.

How would they compare to a 2nd hand pair of B&W 603 S2's???

A

Anonymous

utah:
Think that was the most positive reaction I have seen on the site.

How would they compare to a 2nd hand pair of B&W 603 S2's???

Lol, better in every way...apart from perhaps the bass depth is the same on both models. But it's ohh so much faster and more controlled. I always felt the 603s were a bit boring...sonically accurate but they were a bit slow and pondery and muddy. The E34s are better soo much better. The soundstaging for the size speakers is amazing.

I'd just thought I would say this experience is based on extensive listening with a series of JVC and Arcam systems (both of which are quite different) and they are as good as I say!

Oh, they're also not the sort of speakers that "divide opinion" or "need careful matching", they're just bloody good transducers!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts