Missing Pre Amp & Power Amp Jumpers

russ74

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
I've just bought a Rotel RX-802 receiver of ebay for the princely sum of £20 + postage & when it arrived the jumpers were missing so I've used a 1m QED Qunex 1 I had lying around & the receiver sounds pretty good. Will using the QED be OK long term or are there more suitable (cheap) alternatives out there?

A

Anonymous

AQ and Tara make jumpers. Their cost is about GBP 15. But I think your cable will sound just as good, and will do the job. And I can asure you that it will sound much better than the stock jumpers. Anyone who has owned a NAD 320BEE knows that replacing the stock jumpers for a high quality IC or a better jumper improves sound quality.

russ74

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
Cheers Tannoyite for the help. Now I know the QED is a perfectly suitable alternative I'll keep using it. I was just worried about using an interconnect over a long time period. I'll probably in the future look for a decent quality short IC as the QED does get in the way a little, luckily it's a big old beast, can't think of many modern amps being 24 inches wide.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts