Mini Discs & A/V Receivers

lwhwhat1

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Is there any way of connecting a Sony MiniDisc recorder into the Sony STR-DN840 to record. Looking at the connections all I can see is possibly a playback connection? The dilema I have is buying a new A/V Receiver and possibly lose the record facility on the mini disc or buy a new amp and tuner and keeping it. Any thoughts?

mmg

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
With that specific receiver the only option you have is to use the headphones out. If you get a receive with pre-outs, you could connect your minidisc to that, but a pre-out still has volume control applied to it. Ideally you would want a receiver with a tape-out, but I don't know of any...

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Just Googled pictures of the rear panel. Wow. Don't think I've ever before seen an amp (receiver or otherwise) without any line-out at all. Doesn't even have an optical digital out. If that's normal, then it just goes to show how out of touch I am with modern technology.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Just Googled pictures of the rear panel. Wow. Don't think I've ever before seen an amp (receiver or otherwise) without any line-out at all. Doesn't even have an optical digital out. If that's normal, then it just goes to show how out of touch I am with modern technology.

Keeping it simple. You just need to go further up the range to get the outputs I think.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts