Michael Bay walks off stage at Samsung CES press conference [VIDEO]

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
That was more interesting than his films...

Michael - we all get those days where the words just don't flow - we have to wing it as well. Unfortunately, us mere mortals aren't rich enough to have the choice of just walking off.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Tarxman said:
Yikes! Bet Samsung weren't particularly happy!

Well, if you will choose a man who has made some of the worst films ever made, who obviously has no imagination, and has never had an original idea in his life to promote your new product, then it could be said, that you shouldn't be surprised if he can not intelligently orate without a working autocue.

In other words, they deserved what they got.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
To be fair, if asked to speak spontaneously about the advantages of a curved television screen, I'd respond similarly.

As a long-time Michael Bay detractor, I enjoyed the video, nevertheless!
smiley-smile.gif

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
That is the funniest thing I'll see all day.

I love the part when the samsung bloke asks him to explain how the curved screen will affect people's enjoyment of his films, and you can see Bay look at the screen and think to himself "well it won't, obviously..."

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Apparently he later took to his blog to say that live shows "aren't my thing".

Perhaps the Samsung PR person that booked him might have found that out beforehand?

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
sonycentre said:
Looks to me like Samsung were trying to be like Sony on the show floor.Very poor on Samsungs part and bad pa.

Not even 09.30 and already the bizarre post of the day has been made: given the relative size of the two companies, I think Sony is probably the one dreaming of being like Samsung these days.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Feel a bit sorry for Samsung, difficult to know in advance that their milestone product was being endorsed by a tit. Blaming the autocue. How pathetic. Someone with enough charisma to be a film director should have been able to blag his way through it. Even I could have done. Like how TF does he cope at regular interviews?

John Duncan

MajorFubar said:
Feel a bit sorry for Samsung, difficult to know in advance that their milestone product was being endorsed by a tit. Blaming the autocue. How pathetic. Someone with enough charisma to be a film director should have been able to blag his way through it. Even I could have done.

Yeah even I can extemporise b-llocks at the drop of a hat. Maybe he's not much of a reader.

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
spiny norman said:
sonycentre said:
Looks to me like Samsung were trying to be like Sony on the show floor.Very poor on Samsungs part and bad pa.

Not even 09.30 and already the bizarre post of the day has been made: given the relative size of the two companies, I think Sony is probably the one dreaming of being like Samsung these days.

The point i was making is that sony put on "stars" on there presentations.To me it looked like Samsung tryed to copy that "vibe" and it clearly did not pay off,michael Bay did not look comftable what so ever.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
John Duncan said:
MajorFubar said:
Feel a bit sorry for Samsung, difficult to know in advance that their milestone product was being endorsed by a tit. Blaming the autocue. How pathetic. Someone with enough charisma to be a film director should have been able to blag his way through it. Even I could have done.

Yeah even I can extemporise b-llocks at the drop of a hat. Maybe he's not much of a reader.

:grin:

Paul.

strapped for cash said:
MajorFubar said:
Someone with enough charisma to be a film director should have been able to blag his way through it.

I'm not sure directors are famed for their charisma; at least it's not a prerequisite.

They do (at least in the early part of their carer) have to pitch to get work, so they do have to at least interview well.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
John Duncan said:
I was asked about Atmos but I think I said "yeah it was alright I suppose but the picture was *brilliant*".

smiley-smile.gif

That footage hit the cutting room floor, then; metaphorically speaking, in this digital age.

I'm waiting for the director's cut of Bay's Samsung performance, with an average shot length of 1.2 seconds and a pulsating soundtrack. It'll be so exciting we'll fail to notice him making a **** out of himself.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts