Messed Up My Ripping Again.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Hello folks.

I noticed a day or two back that with all my ripped music (and indeed downloads but that can't be helped I guess) the track number shows up in my folders* as part of the title of a song.

Firstly, is there a quicker and easier way to change this than amending the titles one by one in something like MP3Tag?

Secondly, can I stop it happenning in future by changing something in DbPoweramp?

*Though they look right, sans number, in Media Player.

BillDay66

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
For new rips you need to set the dynamic artist folder in poweramp to this

[album artist][album][track] [title]

Miss out the (track) and the following space if you dont want the number in the title. For stuff youve ripped already, depends on what format you use. I use itunes and check the keep files organised box, sorts out pretty much everything within itunes and saves changes you make to the actual files as well.

If not I think Jriver does the same, but Ive never found it to be as user friendly

BillDay66

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Sorry thats what they call it not me!

In the rip settings box bottom left. 'Path' will be your music folder, then 'naming' is how the files will be organised - default is the dynamic artist folder - play with this bit!

havent used wmp for awhile, should be able to batch edit I would have thought though....or do a batch conversion of your entire library in DB poweramp and make sure you set the tagging how you want it as above. Quite long winded though 'cos it will actually work through converting each track even if you leave the format the same.

On the other hand, if they show up right in WMP, dont look at them anywhere else!

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Conversion might be a good idea though, thanks for that.

Should it look like: [artist][album][title]

EDIT Hmmm, maybe not. Just tried one song and it didn't work.

BillDay66

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
It should work? Dont forget to send the converted files to a different folder or external drive though because it wont delete the originals and you'll end up in a right mess otherwise!

I do this [album artist][album][track] [title] but that includes the track number in the title. Also notice I use album artist rather than artist, this is because I tag Various artist albums as the individual artist in the artist section and as Various Artists in the album artist section, keeps compilation albums together in one folder.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
OK, I don't know whats going wrong.

If anyone has any other thoughts on how to sort it as quickly and easily as possible...Then I'll have to try get the settings sorted for the furure.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Just an FYI for anyone who's ever interested, it can be corrected by highliting the track(s) and selecting "convert" then "tag to filename" using Mp3tag.

I prefer to do it in small batches as it sometimes misses a song or two.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts