Mess it up half way through . . . ?

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
. . . I had some new 'O'rings drop throught the letter box, not particularly excited, I am getting that 80's sound I had been searching for for so long. The rings were 46mm x2.5mm, orderd for the KT88, been out all day in 'Melton Mowbary', bought back one of their famous pork pies as a treat.

Did I say 'a treat'. The amps had been on for a couple of hours, rings in place, cup of tea and a relax. Put some music on . . . wow, I was not expecting what I heard, still the same 80's sound but with an added delicacy and clarity, particularly to the voice. The rings are light weight, when I opend them I thought they looked a bit out of the KT88 butch apperance league.

I'm getting a delicacy of sound that says they are 'just right', taking me back to my original experiments with speaker stands, to much mass detracted from the overal experiance. It is that delicate! . . . One has to say, the rest of the system must be upto producing such reality? I'm listening to a track as I type, there is an ambiouce that one was not aware of previously. Cant wait to get in to those pipe organ recording, full of atmospher . . .

So one has taken a step back in time only to find the same criteria exists at the retreval and amplification as it does in the final presentation . . . 'Rubbish in Rubbish out'? . . . not exactly, you can mess it up half way through?

CJSF

CJSF said:
. . . I had some new 'O'rings drop throught the letter box, not particularly excited, I am getting that 80's sound I had been searching for for so long. The rings were 46mm x2.5mm, orderd for the KT88, been out all day in 'Melton Mowbary', bought back one of their famous pork pies as a treat.

Did I say 'a treat'. The amps had been on for a couple of hours, rings in place, cup of tea and a relax. Put some music on . . . wow, I was not expecting what I heard, still the same 80's sound but with an added delicacy and clarity, particularly to the voice. The rings are light weight, when I opend them I thought they looked a bit out of the KT88 butch apperance league.

I'm getting a delicacy of sound that says they are 'just right', taking me back to my original experiments with speaker stands, to much mass detracted from the overal experiance. It is that delicate! . . . One has to say, the rest of the system must be upto producing such reality? I'm listening to a track as I type, there is an ambiouce that one was not aware of previously. Cant wait to get in to those pipe organ recording, full of atmospher . . .

So one has taken a step back in time only to find the same criteria exists at the retreval and amplification as it does in the final presentation . . . 'Rubbish in Rubbish out'? . . . not exactly, you can mess it up half way through?

CJSF

Whilst I can see how your endeavours perpetuate sound quality I cannot understand why you have posted here.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I thought what I do might be of interest, after all it has its bassis in analogue technology, jeneraly simple, normaly cheap?

OK, I wont post any more . . . V

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
CJSF said:
I thought what I do might be of interest, after all it has its bassis in analogue technology, jeneraly simple, normaly cheap?

He meant 'why post an amplifier thread in the turntable section' I think.

(NOT why post it at all.)

chebby said:
CJSF said:

He meant 'why post an amplifier thread in the turntable section' I think.

(NOT why post it at all.)

Precisely. You obviously took that the wrong way. I meant it might get the coverage and attention it deserves if posted in the HiFi section, that's all.j

Perhaps I am going to be more careful with my wording in future.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts