Max Stereo Effect Recordings / Songs (over and above being audiophile quality)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

noogle

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
A friend's dad built his own stereo system in the early 70s - Garrard SP25 and Sinclair amp in a large wooden "sideboard" unit with home-made speakers. He had a very impressive stereo effects LP - "A Journey into Stereo Sound" - with steam trains, people walking across a room, and the immortal opening line "This is a journey into stereophonic sound" which I seem to remember was later sampled on a single.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
StevenKay said:
Percussive Jazz by Peter Appleyard. (The Man With The Golden Arm). Amazing...does not sound like a 1950's recording at all.
Quite. Audio Fidelity were rightly impressed with their recording and mastering techniques, which they blagged about at length on the back cover. Over 50 years since the LP was first issued, I still reach for it when I've bought a new piece of HiFi (other than a digital player obviously lol).

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
noogle said:
He had a very impressive stereo effects LP - "A Journey into Stereo Sound" - with steam trains, people walking across a room, and the immortal opening line "This is a journey into stereophonic sound" which I seem to remember was later sampled on a single.
I've got that LP. My favourite bit is the Ceremony of the Keys, which I think is at the end of the first side. Pretty sure it was all hammed-up in the studio though lol, and not a real live take from outside the Tower.

StevenKay

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
RailroadSounds_LP.jpg

Answers two threads at once: this one and this one

Thanks Andrew. Killed two birds with one stone?

Very good locomotive effects. I was looking for something a little more musical in fact.

Here is the Youtube link to this1958 STEREO Audio Fidelity LP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeuLArBAiFI&playnext=1&list=PLE81CD1FB3EAFD782

StevenKay

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
Sure you'll also find plenty to entertain in the Queen remasters. Bohemian Rhapsody is the obvious example, but try Bicycle Race too.

Clare

Shall listen to these two carefully this time.

Meanwhile right now listening to Pink Floyd - Speak to Me / Breathe again and again...from Dark Side of the Moon.

Stunning 'madness' this ..tick tock...bells and mad laughter...great work of art and recording technology.

StevenKay

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
noogle said:
very impressive stereo effects LP - "A Journey into Stereo Sound" - with steam trains, people walking across a room, and the immortal opening line "This is a journey into stereophonic sound" which I seem to remember was later sampled on a single.

This was brilliant ...I was actually looking for this particular recording too. I now remember that this was the disc that was played by the shop owner when I had gone to audition a turntable many decades back. At that time it had sounded stunning and even today it is interesting to listen to in the course of a journey into the history of stereophonic sound...Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Best for me is the 2nd side of Lark's Tongues in Aspic by King Crimson esp. the effects on Easy Money. Vinyl on a good system will knock the pants off of any CD version of course.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts