matthewpiano

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi Joel,Matthew does not work for sonycentre anymore,so i would not know if he got to see the blu-ray player you are asking about.But if its any use to you,the main diffrence is that this machine has built-in wireless..picture wise i could not see any diffrence with the 370 and 570..i set it up in our store using a sony kdl46hx703....side by side comparisons.omo i would go with the sony bdps370..it really is stunning for the money.Hope this helps you a little.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
sonycentre:Hi Joel,Matthew does not work for sonycentre anymore,so i would not know if he got to see the blu-ray player you are asking about.But if its any use to you,the main diffrence is that this machine has built-in wireless..picture wise i could not see any diffrence with the 370 and 570..i set it up in our store using a sony kdl46hx703....side by side comparisons.omo i would go with the sony bdps370..it really is stunning for the money.Hope this helps you a little.

Thanks Grant. Picture quality isn't the most important thing to me though, I only have an HD Ready plasma. I like the LoveFilm thing, and sound is important albeit on 2 channel only - see my kit below. Particularly interested in running it through my DAC on my CDP through an Airport Express/Airtunes. Will that work?

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
yes joel.running the player through your dac will be fine,using optical,coax,or analouge outputs.Im not into the wireless thing imo,i like to use ethernet when i can.....but i know a lot of people like to keep things tidy,And the bravia internet video service is stunning.love film allows you to stream both sd/hd films via a love film sub,and you can also stream via your pc/laptop.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
sonycentre:yes joel.running the player through your dac will be fine,using optical,coax,or analouge outputs.Im not into the wireless thing imo,i like to use ethernet when i can.....but i know a lot of people like to keep things tidy,And the bravia internet video service is stunning.love film allows you to stream both sd/hd films via a love film sub,and you can also stream via your pc/laptop.

I have a couple of problems. The DAC is in my CDP which has the Airport Express going into the single digital in so it needs to be wireless via Airtunes.

My other main problem is the colour. I would have snapped one up had it been silver without a second thought as my other kit is all silver. Any plans for a silver? Like I said the picture quality on my Arcam DVD player is plenty good enough so that's not an issue.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:I'm a bit lost about the airport express bit - are you planning to use that to provide wired connectivitiy or what?

Just want to run movies through the DAC on my CDP, which has one input only and that is already taken with the coax from the AE John. So to my untrained, non-IT literate eye I need the BDP to connect to the wireless network of the AE, don't I?

John Duncan

That won't work - the AE is either a streamer or a network access point, it won'tdo both at once. In any case, just having the two networked together wouldn't then make the AE the digital out for the BDP. You need an optical switching box so that both can share the single in on the cd player, or you need to use analogue on one or the other (I'd suggest the bdp).

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:That won't work - the AE is either a streamer or a network access point, it won'tdo both at once. In any case, just having the two networked together wouldn't then make the AE the digital out for the BDP. You need an optical switching box so that both can share the single in on the cd player, or you need to use analogue on one or the other (I'd suggest the bdp).

Cheers John. I think I will just put the BDP through the amp as I do with my DVD player.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts