Match speakers for Pioneer SC-LX87

Clifftanny

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guyz..

i have a lot of reading in www.whathifi.com lately. I am interest Pioneer AV-R...in fact, I've just bought Pioneer SC-LX87. I also buy a new Pioneer BDP-LX55.

Based on my reading...Pioneer SC-LX85 and SC-LX86 awarded 5stars in WhatHiFi scoring. But there is always explaination on mis match might cause downgrade.

My question is what will be a great partnering speakers for my Pioneer SC-LX87? In enjoying a premium sound quality surround system. I was afraid if this might be a boomerang for myself if I make mistake in choosing speakers rather than a plan of enjoy the high-end quality sound.

D

Deleted member 2457

Clifftanny said:
Hi Guyz..

i have a lot of reading in www.whathifi.com lately. I am interest Pioneer AV-R...in fact, I've just bought Pioneer SC-LX87. I also buy a new Pioneer BDP-LX55.

Based on my reading...Pioneer SC-LX85 and SC-LX86 awarded 5stars in WhatHiFi scoring. But there is always explaination on mis match might cause downgrade.

My question is what will be a great partnering speakers for my Pioneer SC-LX87? In enjoying a premium sound quality surround system. I was afraid if this might be a boomerang for myself if I make mistake in choosing speakers rather than a plan of enjoy the high-end quality sound.

B&W FPM speakers work great, as does the B&W PV1 sub.

Clifftanny

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Btw Pioneer SC-LX87 is a 9.2 channel AV-R With the output of 180w x9 (8ohm). This is will be used only for Movie Watching and Music Listening. Budget US$ 9,000.- for Surround Speaker. So far, which on the list, Monitor Audio Gold GX series and B&W CM series...but need advice from the expert for more suggestion??? Afraid if I commit mistake in matching this...since this is my first time in setting up at this class.

Clifftanny

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Other Main Setup, which I bought:

Panasonic TH-L50DT, Pioneer BDP-LX55, Chord Odyssey2, Chord HDMI Advance, QED Performance Subwoofer, Chord Termination Kit.

D

Deleted member 2457

You have got the Monitor Audio Apex system and the Monitor Audio RX6 system.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Clifftanny said:
Btw Pioneer SC-LX87 is a 9.2 channel AV-R With the output of 180w x9 (8ohm). This is will be used only for Movie Watching and Music Listening. Budget US$ 9,000.- for Surround Speaker. So far, which on the list, Monitor Audio Gold GX series and B&W CM series...but need advice from the expert for more suggestion??? Afraid if I commit mistake in matching this...since this is my first time in setting up at this class.

If you're spending that kind of money you really ought to be getting demos of any speakers you're interested in.

schietgs

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I've changed my B&W 6 series setup (603S3 floorstanders) to the R300's of KEF after auditioning several sets. No regrets so far, even my wife loves them :beer:

We love the heavy bass of the R300, but this is a personnal preference. Floorstanders were no option anymore... Subwoofer is only used in movies, music is always stereo (not the ALC stereo modus on the receiver).

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi cliftanny, I've only got a LX85, but pairs well (to my ears) with CM8s and CM1 surrounds, plus a PV1D.

The speakers like a bit of welly and the LX85 (and I'm sure the 87) is willing to provide.

michael hoy

DandyCobalt said:
Hi cliftanny, I've only got a LX85, but pairs well (to my ears) with CM8s and CM1 surrounds, plus a PV1D.

The speakers like a bit of welly and the LX85 (and I'm sure the 87) is willing to provide.

Only a LX85 :)

I believe this to be better than the 86 for sound, not heard the 87 yet.

TRENDING THREADS