Pioneer VSX LX303 + bookshelf speakers for music?

Greggerly

Oct 29, 2021
Visit site
Hi
Would Pioneer VSX LX303 with a pair of decent bookshelf speakers work for music?
Predominant use would be music from a turntable or laptop (would need a DAC for that as well) and occasionally movies from either TV or laptop.
If this makes sense then what set of speakers would match this amp? I would be looking at not the biggest bookshelf (limited space) with an external sub. Budget ideally within £400 if doable
thanks

D

Deleted member 196519

Hi
Would Pioneer VSX LX303 with a pair of decent bookshelf speakers work for music?
Predominant use would be music from a turntable or laptop (would need a DAC for that as well) and occasionally movies from either TV or laptop.
If this makes sense then what set of speakers would match this amp? I would be looking at not the biggest bookshelf (limited space) with an external sub. Budget ideally within £400 if doable
thanks
Personally I have always found Pioneer amps to be very good with music. This amp seems no exception in this review:

D

Deleted member 196519

I would imagine B&W speakers would match the amp nice. Some like these:

D

Deleted member 196519

B&W 606 speakers here for £400 with an extra £60 off with code on eBay page:

PeterTyson also has Monitor Audio speakers which I have heard are good with Pioneer amps too.

Reactions: michael hoy
Hi
thanks
Can we assume you already own the Pioneer, or do you intend to buy one?

Greggerly

Oct 29, 2021
Visit site
yes i do have this amp. i was using it in my previous set up for movies but seems i will be moving to a soundbar for movies so this amp will be either up for grabs or i can re-use it in the office for music only. so i fugured i better keep it and get a set of new speakers.

btw yes will defo need a sub for this setup as small bookshelf speakers will never have enough punch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts