Marantz SR5004/6004, any news?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi folks,

I recently came across a pair of new Monitor Audio Silver RX6 floorstanders that I'd love to buy but am also looking for a solid AV receiver to partner them.

I first audited Denon's AVR-1910 with the RX6'es but that was pretty disappointing. The 1910 performed better with the previous version of the RX6 speakers (RS6), so I had good hopes, but no way.
Then the saleman suggested to audit the Marantz SR5004 with the RX6'es instead. Which appeared to be a good match. Nice stable sound, solid and not too bright, and without the 'roundness/softness' of vocals I hear on so many speakers lately.
Since the Marantz receiver is quite new (and so are the RX6'es), there's no review on WhatHifi.com yet nor do I find any reference in last months buyers' guide. Does anyone have more experience with this Marantz receiver? I'm also considering it's bigger brother (SR6004) for its extra HDMI inputs and power, so any information on that model is also welcome.

Looking forward to your uncensored opinions :)

Best regards,
~Rob Vermeulen

davidrust

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi Rob,

I received my Sr6004 last week and I'm very impressed. It replaced an old Sony str-db940. I bought the receiver in conjuntion with the BD5004 Blu-ray player which I'm also pleased with.

Regards

Dave

Dalesman

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
I've auditioned the new 5004 and the 6004 at Sevenoaks Wetherby.Although they sound pretty similar I bought the 6004 for its extra features.Sounds amazing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts