Marantz SA7001 v CD6002

A

Anonymous

[quote user="stormbringer"]
Hi chaps and chapesses,

What difference, if any, should I expect to hear between these two players (redbook only, not SACD)?
[/quote]

Not an excessive amount, it depends what other components it is matched with. With some revealing speakers, there would be a noticable difference, however with something like Monitor Audio BR1 or Wharfedale 9.1; little difference. Also, it depends on your hearing! ; ) As long as you havn't been playing with Cerwin Vegas recently - fine!

A

Anonymous

Certain professional reviews and posters on this forum mention that the CD6002 can be a bit bright at times. Is this problem likely to be present in the SA7001 too? The bass on the CD6002 is very good, will it be on the SA7001 too? I appreciate that we're talking subtleties when describing different cdps but still, these subtleties must be discussed!
emotion-54.gif

A

Anonymous

All Marantz is quite bright, but the bass will be better, not worse, on the SA7001.

A

Anonymous

I was under the impression that some Marantz cdps are warm, some neutral and some bright? ie they don't all sound the same. Reviews for the CD6002 criticise the top end for being bright yet reviews for the SA7001 don't comment, leading me to believe that the treble is perhaps smoother. My dealer doesn't stock both so I'm hoping someone who has listened to them can help me out here...
emotion-42.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts