Marantz PM7000N vs Cambridge CXA61

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

salamero1

Sep 30, 2020
Visit site
I am in a similar position. I have a pair of Paradigm Studio 60 v5 running off an "old" Pioneer Elite TSX-72 and a Chromecast audio puck. The Paradigms sound amazing but can be a little bright and unforgiving with crappy or compressed recordings (I am mostly streaming music right now but plan to burn all my CDs into lossless files). All the reviews for the PM 7000N are exceptionally good and the same goes for the CXA81. I am looking to tame some of the brightness in my set up (obviously some oft that is coming from the Pioneer which uses 15-year-old class D amplifiers but was supposed to be warm sounding) so from what I'm hearing the CXA81 might not be the solution there? I am all about clarity and detail when it comes to music but I want to be able to enjoy all genres and file formats (within reason). I was also looking at the audiolab 6000A Play which just came out. If it wasn't for the 50 W at 8 ohms it would be my prime contender. Also considering the NAD 338 C BluOs 2i but I'm worried that it might be too bright as well given that it runs off Hyper Ncore amps. Any suggestions on what would pair well with my speakers? Looking to keep it at around $2k. Here's the list I've been compiling:

rainsoothe

I am in a similar position. I have a pair of Paradigm Studio 60 v5 running off an "old" Pioneer Elite TSX-72 and a Chromecast audio puck. The Paradigms sound amazing but can be a little bright and unforgiving with crappy or compressed recordings (I am mostly streaming music right now but plan to burn all my CDs into lossless files). All the reviews for the PM 7000N are exceptionally good and the same goes for the CXA81. I am looking to tame some of the brightness in my set up (obviously some oft that is coming from the Pioneer which uses 15-year-old class D amplifiers but was supposed to be warm sounding) so from what I'm hearing the CXA81 might not be the solution there? I am all about clarity and detail when it comes to music but I want to be able to enjoy all genres and file formats (within reason). I was also looking at the audiolab 6000A Play which just came out. If it wasn't for the 50 W at 8 ohms it would be my prime contender. Also considering the NAD 338 C BluOs 2i but I'm worried that it might be too bright as well given that it runs off Hyper Ncore amps. Any suggestions on what would pair well with my speakers? Looking to keep it at around $2k. Here's the list I've been compiling:
Everything you listed is power amplifiers, but you're looking for an integrated - or am I missing something?

In any case, maybe try to find a Simaudio Moon 240i on the used market (or a 250i, which is the previous model).

salamero1

Sep 30, 2020
Visit site
Everything you listed is power amplifiers, but you're looking for an integrated - or am I missing something?

In any case, maybe try to find a Simaudio Moon 240i on the used market (or a 250i, which is the previous model).
Hi rainsoothe, you need to scroll down. The list has amps first, integrateds second and streaming integrateds third.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts