• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

marantz pm6005 returnig my denon pma720?

chamaruco

Aug 15, 2016
i'm in time to return my pma720.

it is paired to qacoustics 305 and pioneer n50a.

i've seen the drop price of marantz and hold by the infinite review about marantz i would try it. unfortunally here i can't test the marantz but i know how denon plays.

thanks for replies

Al ears

gasolin said:
I don't know why peoplww lov the Denon PMA720 ae so much according to whathifi it lacks dynamic

http://www.whathifi.com/denon/pma-720ae/review

I find the PM6005 a bit bright other than that it's fine, might not be so many left since they they have released a newer model
I wouldn't believe everything you read in WHFSAV reviews. They are, ultimately, only one man's opinion. My brother owns the Denon and, paired with the right speakers, is quite brilliant.

I am not quite sure what the OP meant by 'return' though and why he thinks a 6005 is gpoing to be any better.

rainsoothe

Apr 30, 2012
chamaruco said:

i've seen the drop price of marantz and hold by the infinite review about marantz i would try it. unfortunally here i can't test the marantz but i know how denon plays.

thanks for replies
Hi. I have recently re-auditioned Marantz PM6005 and Nad C326 with Wharfedale 220 and Dali Zensor 1. Also, when my friend got a surround setup, we auditioned a Marantz SR 5010 with Q Acoustics 3000 setup, and it was VERY bright and ear-piercing. Point is, if you like a bright sound, Marantz is fine. If you want a warmer presentation (not too warm, though) go for Nad.

gasolin

Mar 17, 2013
rainsoothe said:
chamaruco said:

thanks for replies
Hi. I have recently re-auditioned Marantz PM6005 and Nad C326 with Wharfedale 220 and Dali Zensor 1. Also, when my friend got a surround setup, we auditioned a Marantz SR 5010 with Q Acoustics 3000 setup, and it was VERY bright and ear-piercing. Point is, if you like a bright sound, Marantz is fine. If you want a warmer presentation (not too warm, though) go for Nad.
Mabye include arcam, had a marantz pm 6005 wanted a less bright and a more full bodied sound bought a nad c326bee

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/mayde-i-need-amp-100-120watts

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Friend of mine has the Denon with an old philips CD player and an old set of (really nice) floorstanding speakers. The sound is fabulous. I can't speak for the marantz, but can't imagine it being noticeable better, but if you need the digital inputs, that's a different story

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts