Marantz PM6003 & subwoofer.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I recently bought a pair of B&W 685s which I'm currently running on an old celestion amplifier, and sound pretty decent. I'm buying a new amplifier next month and am thinking about also getting a B&W ASW 610 subwoofer. I have a pretty small room so I know that combination will be comfortably loud enough. What I'm wondering is, if I were to buy the Marantz PM6003, as I was planning, would it be possible to link a subwoofer up to it and the two B&W speakers without compromising the overall sound. If so, how could I do this and what cables would I need?

I could potentially go up to about £500 amplifier wise if I would be better suited with an alternative.

If someone could give me a hand I would be hugely appreciative,

Regards,

Luke

A

Anonymous

Take a look at the manual here. Looks like you should use some speaker cable to connect the sub to the second set of speaker binding posts on the amp.

Dalesman

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
matthewpiano:I would suggest a Rotel RA04SE as a better match with the 685s than the Marantz. The Rotel is an excellent piece of kit.

I think Luke has already made up his mind on the marantz.I use the 685s with the marantz and they sound fantastic together.

"So capable is the PM6003, in fact, that it's forced a couple of very well regarded rivals down to four-star status and (just about) fended off an extremely spirited challenge from Rotel in the shape of the RA-04SE." WHF

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts