Marantz PM10

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Just noticed that marantz have brought out the new PM10 amplifier and SA10 player

i see this amplifier is a mono block amplifiers with separate pre amplifier built in a power supply for each channel and it has fully balanced Double XLR inputs . 200watts into 8ohms and 400 into 4ohms it looks a lovely amplifier........ but the amplifier on its own is £6999 *man_in_love* SA10 £6999 bargain at £14000 for both units

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Just noticed that marantz have brought out the new PM10 amplifier and SA10 player 

i see this amplifier is a mono block amplifier with separate pre amplifier built in with fully balanced Double XLR inputs . 200watts into 8ohms and 400 into 4ohms it looks a lovely amplifier........ but the amplifier on its own is £6999 *man_in_love*

Your next upgrade

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
They say that the SA-10 is future proof it will play any format

the mechanism is been made from the people who did the Philips mechanisms . But I do agree they are both very expensive . But if anyone buys theses 2 units do a good review on here so I can sell my kidneys to buy one *man_in_love*

Blacksabbath25 said:

the mechanism is been made from the people who did the Philips mechanisms . But I do agree they are both very expensive . But if anyone buys theses 2 units do a good review on here so I can sell my kidneys to buy one *man_in_love*

These are cheap compared to some of the opposition and , a such, should be considered a bargain.

Blacksabbath25 said:

i see this amplifier is a mono block amplifiers with separate pre amplifier built in a power supply for each channel and it has fully balanced Double XLR inputs . 200watts into 8ohms and 400 into 4ohms it looks a lovely amplifier........ but the amplifier on its own is £6999 *man_in_love* SA10 £6999 bargain at £14000 for both units

Hi Bs25

Nice
regular_smile.gif
although I wonder how their performance will compare to some the classics such as the PM-94, PM-95, CD12/DA12 and SA-1.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Who?/What? is the competition at this price point? Marantz makes budget amps and CD players at a 20th of the price of these. which other companies do that? i know there are brands out there making very expensive gear, but is there another doing it like Marantz?

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi rick

not sure to be honest the PM-10 is a heavily spec amplifier and marantz has made it there reference range amplifier but not sure if I've got this correct but it uses 4 amplifiers into mono block setup with their own power supply for each of the 2 channels and it's a class D and you can switch it into bridge mode . I would say it would sound fantastic but you would have to spend the same kind of money on a set of speakers to do justice to the amplifier.

the amplifier weight is 22kg

manicm

Blacksabbath25 said:

They've designed their own cd transport for the SA10, it's no off the shelf mechanism.

Mark Levinson, Krell, Audio Research, Hegel, Unison Research, Chord, ATC, Parasound, Arcam, Primare, Denon, Rotel, Luxman and Accuphase - off the top of my head. Doubtless several more! Depends if you insist on matching cd and integrated, and if tubes are an option.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
The new reference class Integrated amplifier Four switching power amplifier channels in bridged mode (two per channel) for maximum grip and drive True Balanced Concept from input to speaker to realise ground-free signal management Massive power: 200Wpc per channel into 8ohms, and 400Wpc into 4ohms Easy driving of a wide range of speakers Wide-ranging dynamic ability thanks to instant high-current power supply Fully balanced throughout: both preamplifier and power amplifiers Marantz Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules (HDAM) in preamp stage Dual mono power amplifier configuration Separate power supplies for preamplifier and control processor, and for each power amp channel Discrete phono stage for moving coil and moving magnet cartridges in its own shielded case. High-quality construction with double-layer chassis, 5mm thick aluminium top lid, solid aluminium front, copper plated chassis and high-purity copper speakers terminals Double thickness copper PCB for the output section and main power supplies Yamaha A-S2100 ,A-S3000 *biggrin* serious I am not sure if there are meany amplifiers out their that will match the spec of marantz PM-10 not even a Hegel h360

manicm

Blacksabbath25 said:
I read somewhere ken based the mechanism of the Philips mechanism I might of got that wrong

On the website:

'The Marantz solution? If you can’t buy it off the shelf, design it and have it made: at the heart of the SA-10 is an all-new SACD-M3 transport mechanism, engineered solely for the best possible performance when playing SA-CDs, CDs and music stored on data discs.'

They also seem to have extensively custom d/a conversion as well - if not their own dac.

D

Deleted member 108165

Ooh, what a lovely piece of kit... or two *man_in_love*

Upgraditis coursing through my veins... quickly dashed by my bank balance *dash1*

manicm

spiny norman said:
manicm said:
They also seem to have extensively custom d/a conversion as well - if not their own dac.

As I read it, they don't use a DAC.

Ok, then what do they or anyone else use to do analogue to digital conversion?

I usually like your posts and sense of humour, but are you on an extended New Year jolly?

Note: we're talking about the SA10 right?

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
manicm said:
You misread my first post 'd/a' and I subsequently swapped it wrong as 'analogue to digital'.

No, I answered both your point about the DAC, which the SA-10 doesn't have, and about the analogue to digital conversion, which it also doesn't have.
The whole point of the SA-10 is that it only uses an analogue low-pass filter between the DSD stream and the output.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts