Marantz NR1504 airplay, dlna issues

iwanknowmore

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi!

Connection from iTunes to NR1504 fails with error -15008. I'm wondering if anybody had the same problem. I tried it with 2 routers, restarting both Mac and Marantz several times. The error persists. Did anybody experienced similar problem?

I can't start music from media server using iOS Marantz remote app. I can access the media server, list through the content, create playlist but I can't start the playback. The media server can be accessed and music played without problems from NR1504 directly but this isn't the most user way. I'm wondering if somebody could suggest some third party app. I tried Kinksy would work but no. Also foobar2000 upnp control point failed to communicate with Marantz as well as Play To from Win8 phone. I have some doubts that NR1504 can be controlled with upnp control point.

A

Anderson

I honestly didn't read your post, I was too busy laughing at your username hahahahaha

A

Anderson

Ya know I think it's something that we can all unite to agree on!

iwanknowmore

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm happy my selection of username on this forum brought some entertiment *biggrin*

Anyway, if you want to know more :) about the issue with streaming AirPlay and DLNA then here it comes. I contacted Marantz customer support. They responed promptly to my query with advice to re-initialized the microprocessor (ON/STANDBY + PRESET CH- + PRESET CH+ key press, similar to the reset mentioned in the user's manual). This fixed the issue. NR1504 was able to connect and updated successfuly. Altough, it was showing the latest firmware before the re-initialization.

Still there is something with DLNA. I tested DLNA with very old d-link router and it worked fine, i.e. entire playlist was played with Kinksy. I updated my router and added a switch. Now the playback stops after 1st song is played. I'm wondering what that may be the cause.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts