Marantz NR1200 first impressions

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Toma83

Oct 27, 2021
Visit site
When I say 'low' volume I mean 20% or over. Quality improves after 60%volume, but not impressive in any way.. I've not found the 'loudness' setting, but Ive adjusted the tones and the sound modes with little effect.

Tinman1952

When I say 'low' volume I mean 20% or over. Quality improves after 60%volume, but not impressive in any way.. I've not found the 'loudness' setting, but Ive adjusted the tones and the sound modes with little effect.
Well that’s strange. The tone controls should have a marked effect on the sound…. you may have a faulty unit then. Can you contact the dealer/seller?

manicm

You may not like what I’m about to say, but you’ve paired a warmish amp with warmish speakers. The Wharfedale 12.2 is most likely not an ideal match for this amp. I would look at Monitor Audio or B&W, or perhaps even a Dali Spektor 2.

somebody

Dec 26, 2021
Visit site
You may not like what I’m about to say, but you’ve paired a warmish amp with warmish speakers. The Wharfedale 12.2 is most likely not an ideal match for this amp. I would look at Monitor Audio or B&W, or perhaps even a Dali Spektor 2.
I've got nothing else to compare it to, and little hifi experience, but it seems to work very nicely with Klipsch RP-600M. No complaints at all. I love the sound and unit itself. Does everything I want and nothing I don't.

somebody

Dec 26, 2021
Visit site
Ah you have the NR1200 too? I would also think the RP-600M would pair great with it.
I've had the setup for almost a year. I had read or heard that the NR1200 is little dark and the 600's, like all Klipsch, a bit bright, and it seems to be true. I really do like the NR1200. It's 2.1, which is all I want or need or have space for, and it has multiple HDMI's, and adequate streaming capabilities. It really is just perfect for me.
Caveat: I'm over 60, and so are my ears . I am a musician, though, so my ears have some training. Also, I have very little experience with Hifi. I've never had a decent setup until this one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts