Marantz MCR603 & airplay question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone know, if you get the airplay upgrade addedd to the MCR 603, is this wireless? I notice to get network capabilities without it you have to use an ethernet cable, is this still the case or does the airplay upgrade also add wireless working? I don't seem to be able to get a conclusive answer from anything i have read. I would be interested in one for a study if airplay is wireless.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi

The MCR603 has only wired ethernet - no wireless what so ever.

Airplay feature still needs an ethernet connection, but you can alternative use a homeplug or a wireless gameadaptor, if you prefer no cable.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
My M-CR603 is connected to my home network's base station (Airport Extreme 802.11) with ethernet cable. Airplay can be detected and used from my iPhone (or iTunes from laptop) wirelessly.

You also need the ethernet cable to download updates and use internet radio. (Not just for AirPlay.)

Some people use Homeplugs (or similar) instead of an ethernet cable.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the response and confirming my fears. umm, kinda of rules out the 603. If i have to buy and plug in airport express, then might as well just skip airplay and use optical. Also, if i have to use the airport express, then any one box solution becomes an option. Seems silly to have airplay, but not wireless.

Its not really practical to run an Ethernet cable to the study, its 3 floors above the router.

Umm, back to looking at NaimUniti me thinks.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the response and confirming my fears. umm, kinda of rules out the 603. If i have to buy and plug in airport express, then might as well just skip airplay and use optical. Also, if i have to use the airport express, then any one box solution becomes an option. Seems silly to have airplay, but not wireless.

Its not really practical to run an Ethernet cable to the study, its 3 floors above the router.

Umm, back to looking at NaimUniti me thinks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts