Marantz MC-CR610C; Good enough as source for high def music?

deepak

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

I have a disk full of HD FLAC files which I used to play through my DUNE B! Smart player, wired to my DAC and feeding into a Leema Tucana 2 amp. The sound was brilliant. I have since removed my TV from this setup and can no longer use the DUNE since I can't view the files. I have tried the plug in for the remote app, but its a hit and miss most of the time since the app fails often.

I use spotify a lot and play it through my SONOS connect, feeding into the DAC and amplifier. I also have a large number of iTunes downloaded music on my computer which I want to stream.

The Marantz M CR610 looks ideal for the job, but as it does not have any optical output, I can't use my external DAC. My worry is that the sound quality will suffer if I will plug the Marantz straight into the amp through analogue outputs.

Has anyone hooked up their Marantz MCR 610 to an external amp and noticed this? Is there any other alternative to this choice? I am also considering cambridge stream magic 6 (no airplay or spotify)or the Naim streamer (expensive!).

Happy to hear your suggestions.

Deepak

deepak

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I do have a spare macbook 13 lying about that has an optical output, but I believe that macs don't do full 24/192?

Deepak

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts