Marantz CD 67SE or CD63 mk2 KI

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking to buy a good (second hand)cd player.

Now i found these on the internet second hand, they both sell for around 200euro's(1pound is about 1,10euro).

Are these any good and witch one I'll take, or I'm better off by buying a Marantz 5003 or 6002.

Thanx any way.

Onkyo sr 875,Pioneer dvd-lx50,Mission m74i surround,QED silver ann, Samsung 40m/n87

A

Anonymous

More of the same: buying the NAD 521BEE or the NAD 541 for the same money?

Can someone help please, I'M MISSING MY MUSIC!!

T

the record spot

The Marantz players are elderly now, albeit the 67 slightly newer and of course the CD63-KI is a classic. The 521 and 541 from NAD were well reviewed from memory; the latter enjoying some healthy reviews for its' sound quality.

If it was my money, I'd be looking at the 541, then the 63-KI. The KI is the better player, but it needs to be in good nick. There's also the chance the laser might be heading to the end of its' life. If you can get some assurances on that, then it might be worth the punt.

lonely boy

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm using a CD63 mk2 KI that I inherited from my father, still chugging along!

It is a very nice musical CDP. The only problem I have with it is that it possesses a somewhat hot treble and can sound a bit harsh at times, especially with very compressed material. So it's best kept away from equipment at the bright end of the spectrum.

Otherwise if you can pick it up for a reasonable price, it's a bit of a bargain.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
The 53 are the best bargain, I would pick 63 KI over 67SE everytime. They are durable enough to give you many more years of music. The treble issue mention few posts above are normally because people tend to use the legend spinner on a cheap budget pair of speakers. For a good 2nd hand rig, I would put 63KI with Musical Fidelity A300 and Acoustic Energy AE1 (mk2 if you can find a pair). The set should set you back no more than a grand but will give you some magical listening time that many modern day hifi seem to be lacking.

TRENDING THREADS