Marantz Amp Issues?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
I mentioned the warranty as a very good bit of backup, should you feel the need. The deal at richer is that if you don’t use the extended warranty, they give you the money back! To me, it’s a no-brainer. Buy brand new, extra warranty, and money back. What more could you want when purchasing anything?

Tammytastic

Mar 18, 2018
Visit site
Those of us that have used them, have found Marantz phono stages to be good so it's a shame yours doesn't work.
This issue recently cropped up here https://www.avforums.com/threads/marantz-pm6005-phono-input-question.2268411/ In this case it's a (seconhand) 6005, not sure if he's resolved the issue yet, but it's possible that yours has the same cause .
Certainly at least worth a look inside yours (if you feel up to it).
Maybe I should be batting this back to Marantz

Tannadeechee

Jan 28, 2020
Visit site
Hi, found this interesting as my current amp, Marant PM6004, is playing up and internet research is showing loads of owners complaining of similar issues. My amp has intermittently no signal out of the right channel other than very quiet and crackly. If I take source direct off, turn the balance to the right and then turn the volume up it then clears. Its also having the left channel a touch lower in volume. Fiddling with the balance and volume clears this eventually too.

I bought the PM6004 back in 2011 ( yes some buyers do keep them for more than 2 years :) ) to replace a trusty PM53 amp. This amps fault was no volume out of right channel. Its not always been the same speakers or cables, used to be Tannoy 631SEs & Cable Talk 3.1, so its not been dodgy partners. In both amps the headphone output has been fine & swapping the speakers and cable made no difference.

I'm potentially getting a well looked after 1980 LP12 & and had been looking to upgrade amp to something closer to the DC3000 & LP12 in standard but I'd hoped to get a bit more time to save up before forking out for a new amp. As much as I like the sound I hear, it does put me off another Marantz with both my amps doing the same, with out heavy use due to parenthood and other half, and the complaints on other forums of similar faults on other Marantz amps.

Gray

Hi, found this interesting as my current amp, Marant PM6004, is playing up and internet research is showing loads of owners complaining of similar issues. My amp has intermittently no signal out of the right channel other than very quiet and crackly. If I take source direct off, turn the balance to the right and then turn the volume up it then clears. Its also having the left channel a touch lower in volume. Fiddling with the balance and volume clears this eventually too.
No doubt you saw suggestions of contact cleaner among the complainants.
I've used plenty of this in the past, works wonders:

Reactions: Tannadeechee

Tannadeechee

Jan 28, 2020
Visit site
No doubt you saw suggestions of contact cleaner among the complainants.
I've used plenty of this in the past, works wonders:

I did see it mentioned & working for some folk, just not had the time yet to get mine de-racked and opened to check it.

Thanks for the tip for contact cleaner that works. Cheers

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts