Mains - upgrading the plug/double plug

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Is there such a thing or should I just use a normal standard double plug? My amp and CDP are currently plugged in to a tacima as the plug socket is for 2 plugs but the uplighter is plugged in that corner as well! SO... Can I but an aftermarket double plug? I'll be buying 2 upgraded mains cables from Clearer Audio (one for the amp and an upgraded figure-8 cable for the CDP) but dont want to keep unplugging one for the uplighter and also dont want to use a standard double plug if its going to ruin the sound etc... Cheers

A

Anonymous

Been pondering over a similar issue as I have only one wall socket for pre and power amp, CD player, DAC, 2 turntables + mixer, PC base unit and external hard drive!

I know they do exist. Russ Andrews do a couple of different ones for example. I'm afraid I have no experience of them so have no comments to give. Just letting you know people do sell them.

At the moment I'm just using a standard DIY store fuse-less two plug block in the wall. This is then running a tacima on one socket (for most components) and a standard DIY store unfiltered (but surge protected) extension for the pre/power amp.

I plan on making changes to this in the future, but currently I think in my case I should get better gains by putting the money towards some new speakers.

Should you buy something then do feed back to us your experiences.

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

One thing, take your amp out of the Tacima and plug it directly into the mains.........

A

Anonymous

Trevor said it might be better to completely stick in a new ring main (think it was what he said) and spur, as it is better than just doing the plugs etc....

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Found an aftermarket double plug on Russ Andrews @ £150...

I think NOT
emotion-8.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts