Mains plugs for Kenwood AV

nilocp

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
I am using a Kenwood KRF-V5030D AV unit.

On the back panel are 2 mains sockets for connecting other units to.

I need to get the correct plugs for these sockets so I can attach a CD and cassette deck.

They will have male pins and angled plugs would be good.

Any ideas chaps??

Colin

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
You can almost certainly get the type of mains leads you need from your local electronics retailer, e.g. Currys, or failing that Amazon. Take photos and show them to the guy in the shop.

HOWEVER, some would say it's prbably not a good idea to "daisy chain" one device off another, as it could lead to mains hum, cross talk, over-demand on the first wire to the wall or mutiple outlet strip, etc. etc.

If you just want stuff to turn on and off together try using the 12 volt trigger connections with 1/8 inch (3 mm) mono jackplug leads.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
idea is to buy a 4-way extension socket and plug all your components into that, it will help spread the electrical load and you will have fuse protection on every piece of equipment.

*music2*

nilocp

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
thanks for your help.

I have found the correct plug, it is a Bulgin P772 or 6/250. It fits Yamaha as well

as Kenwood, and probably others.

They can be purchased from LMS Lichfield, who are an army surplus store! Apparently used in Commercial vehicles! https://www.btowstore.com/epages/BT4011.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT4011/Categories

Colin

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
you have found the correct fitting, I would still go down the route of a seperate 4way extension as personally I don't feel that the output sockets on the back of the amp will supply the amount of wattage required for both a cd player and a tape deck, these type of sockets were usually designed for low wattage accessory items.

Most modern amps no longer provide these sockets (probably due to people plugging in high wattage items and then wondering why their amps blew up).

*music2*

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
nilocp said:
thanks for your help.

I have found the correct plug, it is a Bulgin P772 or 6/250. It fits Yamaha as well

as Kenwood, and probably others.

They can be purchased from LMS Lichfield, who are an army surplus store! Apparently used in Commercial vehicles! https://www.btowstore.com/epages/BT4011.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT4011/Categories

Colin

That's good. Now you can fit anything from a new carburrettor to a greande launcher to your receiver (should be good for war movie sound effects and / or dealing with a nagging neighbour) :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts