Mains Cable Upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone recomend a mains cable upgrade suitable for the following system: Marantz PM6002 amp, Marantz CD6002 cd player, Wharfedale 9.1 speakers?

jimdonnelly

Jun 22, 2007
Visit site
Personally I would ditch the mains cable idea for now and put all my money towards upgrading the speakers. As good as the Wharfdales are, you will not be getting the best from your Marantz kit (in my opinion). They are capable of providing more than the Wharfdales can deliver.

topbloke55

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
If you want to give mains ago I would recommend the following 6 way mains filter, it worked wonders for my system and TV, much bigger effect than the Russ Andrews mains leads at three times the price.

http://whathifi.com/Review/Tacima-CS929/

Also, you can get this on Amazon for £23 delivered ... as the review says this is a no-brainer. I can say without doubt this is the best value upgrade for my system I have ever bought.

A

Anonymous

Sorry for late reply but thanks for the advice. I have been looking at the Tacima CS929 and it does look like an affordable upgrade whilst looking like it does the job.

A

Anonymous

RabbitOC72:Sorry for late reply but thanks for the advice. I have been looking at the Tacima CS929 and it does look like an affordable upgrade whilst looking like it does the job.

I was skeptical but bought one based on recommendations and it certainly works for me.

A

Anonymous

The best thing I have found myself on my system is buying a BT Mains Conditioning unit off Ebay, and plugging that into your system. With them you can use any old kettle lead if you want.

It consists of a big mains transformer, (they do various values from 125VA up to 500VA units) and some large mains capacitors and internal overload protection. Cost around £40-£60 when you can find one.

You can buy conditioners brand new off the likes of Russ Andrews, but they cost up to £2800!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts