Magazine date wrong!

At the foot of each page, the current mag is publicised. It was wrongly showing September, and someone had a moan in the hifi thread a few weeks back. Today I see it says October! I know mags have an early publication date, but this is simply an error.

As I've mentioned before it is purely a proof reading error. In the good old days some poor EDITED had to scan every page and make manual corrections. Today, things have moved on with computer tech and the old proof reader is a relic of yesteryear.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Oh well, but remember I did say you'd think I was taking the EDITED.

The reason given here some time ago was that the 'In this month's mag' section is set up for 12 magazines a year, and WHSV does 13 a year including the Awards one, so each year the 'In this month's mag' section gets slightly more out of whack with the real world.

Apparently it's not something anyone knows how to change, so that's it, however Kafkaesque it may seem.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
simonlewis said:
Has anyone else noticed that this thread is posted in the WRONG section of the forums.

Not really, given that it's about the magazine date being wrong on the site, not on the magazine itself.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
EDIT: And not about endless duplicate posts!
smiley-smile.gif

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
nopiano said:
Just scroll down a bit, it says October 2014. It should say August 2014. Even 13 issues can't explain a two month error, surely?

Several years of 13 issues on a section only expecting 12 will do it.

spiny norman said:
so each year the 'In this month's mag' section gets slightly more out of whack with the real world.

It's a cumulative effect, over several years – each year it gets more wrong. I just don't understand why no-one's stepped in and put it right: it can hardly be rocket-science. I am sure we'll be told that the shiny new site will correct things, about three years too late.

nopiano said:
At the foot of each page, the current mag is publicised. It was wrongly showing September, and someone had a moan in the hifi thread a few weeks back. Today I see it says October! I know mags have an early publication date, but this is simply an error.

Just checked at my local shop and the foot of each page there's just the page number and 'WHFI.com'. No dates (months).

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
nopiano said:

Just checked at my local shop and the foot of each page there's just the page number and 'WHFI.com'. No dates (months).

I think nopiano means at the foot of each page of this site, not in the printed version of the magazine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts