Made me laugh

rainsoothe

This article was on the front page. And this is the caption under the title:
A CD player and DAC that punches above its price Tested at £15998 / AU$31390

I mean... It's probably a good sounding product, but at this budget I don't think people are looking for products that are "punching above" their weight, surely this is "cost-no-object terrytory, lol.

Gray

I mean... It's probably a good sounding product, but at this budget I don't think people are looking for products that are "punching above" their weight, surely this is "cost-no-object terrytory, lol.

Yes, at 16 grand for a CDP, you're already well past severely diminishing returns.

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Its still just pocket money if you are a serious roll over Euromillions winner, anything under £20,000.00 is just thoughts for a third system for the visitors room in your estate....

D

Deleted member 188516

Its still just pocket money if you are a serious roll over Euromillions winner, anything under £20,000.00 is just thoughts for a third system for the visitors room in your estate....

+1.

rainsoothe

That's what I'm saying, if you were rolling in that kind of dosh, why would you even care about that comment, when you could say "fk it, I'll get the even better 25k thingie" :))

D

Deleted member 108165

If you set out on a mission to design a more ridiculous-looking, horrendously ugly pair of speakers, you just couldn't do it could you?
Wouldn't look out of place in Cadbury Smash advert... now where's my credit card :)

Reactions: Gray

I quote:

'this CD player and DAC offers luxury-grade quality at a fraction of the price.'

WTF is 'luxury grade quality', and what does it cost a fraction of the price of?!

TrevC

I auditioned many of the players that came in for repair, and although subtle I could hear clear differences. That was why, in the 90s, I bought that particular top of the Philips range bitstream model.

I'm not sure I can still hear the difference now.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts