MA RS6 Owners...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I'd be very surprised if you didn't love the Evo. When I sold mine, the buyer listened for about 10 seconds and just smiled. He had borrowed his son's Evo and couldn't believe how much better it sounded compared to his new Rega (don't remember which model). He sent the Rega back straight away.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="smo"]I don't know how better they can sound when they run in, but I wouldn't mind if
they perform like they do now forever.
[/quote]

They will sound better! I can tell a big difference when i think back to how they sounded straight from the box, bass sounds tighter and not as boomy, treble is still attacking but not as harsh, but the biggest difference is that the soundstage is far more precise, as this was a disappointment to me at first.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="ken71"][quote user="smo"]I don't know how better they can sound when they run in, but I wouldn't mind if
they perform like they do now forever.
[/quote]

They will sound better!

I can tell a big difference when i think back to how they sounded straight from the box, bass sounds tighter and not as boomy, treble is still attacking but not as harsh, but the biggest difference is that the soundstage is far more precise, as this was a disappointment to me at first.[/quote]

Thanks Ken,

When you say that the 'soundstage is far more precise', what do you mean? I understand that you can find the singers performing 'in front of you' easily (voices not coming directly from speakers, or that speakers disappear). Is it right? I'm new on Hi-Fi
emotion-10.gif

Interesting...

So, how long it takes? I've been running them for about 10 hours since I got them... I've read people saying run-in periods of 200+ hours with their RS6. Do they really take that long to run-in?

I don't know if that's my imagination but after this 10+ hours running I seems to me they play louder at a given volume rate than they did when used them form the first time. Does it make sense?

A

Anonymous

Hard to say where the psychological run-in ends and the actual run-in ends... I think speakers definetly get louder after the initial few uses though, probably the first bits of heat and movement "loosening it up."

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts