MA BR6 + Yamaha RX-667 ...What to upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

this is my first post, and I hope it is placed it in the correct forums.

My current setup when listening to music are the Monitor Audio BR6 Floorstanders and Yamaha Rx667, which is an AV receiver. While listening to music I switch to Pure Direct mode, to get the best out of the setup.

Now my question is: "what I should upgrade?" if I want to get a serious increase in sound quality for music as I am not really happy with the current clarity and LF regions, as well as unnatural sounding voices.

I was thinking of buying a seperate integraded Amp and use Yamahas pre-outs to power the front speakers with a dedicated amp. Another option would be new speakers... I was looking at the B&W CM8 (unfortunately not tested at WHF yet :) ). Or of course upgrade both, seperate Amp and new speakers.

So, what do you experts say?

Budget 1500-2000 / Music taste: Some classic, More: Jazz, Soul, Female Vocalists, 80s/90s Rock / Room: 3.5m x 7m (Speakers point along the long side)

A

Anonymous

same as what person above said. An av amp cant compare to a stereo amp unless you spend alot of money on one. U will get a much better sound with a budget stereo amp around the £300 mark

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts