m2ts Files with the PS3?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey

I am starting to back up some blu-ray stuff an have some other stuff that I have that is M2ts.

I have seen programs that will convert them, but they take hours.

The files (1080p mkv.m2ts) keep stuttering, I have homeplugs and tried 85mbps/200mbps and finally 1gb.

Has anyone gotten around this as it seems to be a problem with most, and all my codecs and everything are fine as they play on my PC fine.

Thanks guys, been trying for months and months, with no luck

A

Anonymous

The MKV files are hard to convert and do take time as i found out myself but one thing i have ordered is the new Panasonic DMP-BDT300 3D blu ray player which has the ability to playback MKV files via the USB socket (meaning you will have to put the video you want to watch on a memory stick). This is mainly because i think this is the 1st ever machine that has the capability due to it being certified as a "DivX Plus HD" blu ray player.

It will be costly as the player is around £400 and obviosly it's 3D capable which is no benefit to you but it's the only piece of hardware that i know has the MKV playback facility.

M

A

Anonymous

Sony and everyone else is SO..Behind.

I have a TZ10 which does AVCHD, Which PS3 Just had firmware for.

MKV and M2TS have been around since the start of blu-ray, what is taking Sony and other so long?

I cant see how hard it would be for Sony and others to have on-board decodingm since this is a major file type.

Oh well, I will sit an moan, and wait for something to happen I guess.
emotion-9.gif

I have no problem putting stuff on a USB Stick and playing it, I want to stream, as per what sony PS3 claim, as a media streamer/powerhouse.

A

Anonymous

The TZ10 is a cracking camera but the reason why the PS3 had a firmware for AVCHD playback is that AVCHD was a joint venture created by Sony and Panasonic, so it would be silly if Sony did not support it on the PS3 as they created it with Panasonic, lol.

But regards the streaming, yes i would be quite unhappy with the stuttering as ive seen it happen myself to the point that i do not stream with my PS3 anymore but yes the idea of streaming through a PS3 is not perfected yet sadly.

Fingers crossed that MKV file support will be sorted sooner rather than later as it is a widely used format even if it is a pain to convert.

M

A

Anonymous

Is there anyway of contacting PS3? to see if this is in the pipeline?

I cant find one email address for PS3

I just cant understand the logic of being able to play blu-rays and not having m2ts/mkv support.

Strange.

A

Anonymous

have you tried the programme "mkv to vob" ? it used to work fine for me , it converts mkv files intoa format that the ps3 plays fine ...

files that are more than 4g will be split though , because of fat32...

A

Anonymous

Tried that, but it always plays with no sound.

or it says file corrupt.

A

Anonymous

canada16:
Tried that, but it always plays with no sound.

or it says file corrupt.

have you ticked the box in the mkv-vob menu marked ... always transcode dts ????

A

Anonymous

TBH, I had no idea how to use it, just left the settings as is, and pressed transcode.

A

Anonymous

you need to tick that box to be sure of sound , sometimes it works anyway , but ticking that should mean every file converts with audio intact...

A

Anonymous

Trying it again max, will let you know how I get on, cheers

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:
have you tried the programme "mkv to vob" ? it used to work fine for me , it converts mkv files intoa format that the ps3 plays fine ...

Convertxtodvd, this software will convert most video files (mkv, avi..) to vob and then burn to DVD. You would just skip the burning part.

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:maxflinn:

Convertxtodvd, this software will convert most video files (mkv, avi..) to vob and then burn to DVD. You would just skip the burning part.hmmm , that sounds like the answer then
emotion-15.gif

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
MKVtoVOB definitely works

You dont have to split into 4gb chunks (I burn them to dual layer dvds for example)

Sounds like your trying to stream them though?

PS3 media server is as good as it gets ~

http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/

Stuttering usually points to your router if youve tried 200Mb homeplugs etc

A

Anonymous

canada16:
Hey

I have homeplugs and tried 85mbps/200mbps and finally 1gb.

Thanks guys, been trying for months and months, with no luck

Its not the homeplugs, its the PS3, I have tried Tversity and PS3 Media streamer and nothing, still stutters.

The convertxtodvd is taking ages... LOL, But it is a 10gb file.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I'll put that another way

MKVtoVOB will work. If it doesnt then your MKV file is of the type that just isnt going to work with the PS3 (Ive had a few)

If the converted file was on the PS3 it would work fine (Assuming its of the type that will). And the PS3s hardrive will take ANY size file (Contrary to popular belief)

And im pretty sure its your homeplugs/router as a 10gig file would translate into maybe an 11Gb file once run through MKVtoVOB and at 1080P thats tough going for a router to stream

Trust me, ive tried all sorts of ways

A

Anonymous

The PS3 can stream ripped blu-rays which are m2ts files just fine with no stuttering.

I can stream folder rips of Day after Tomorrow, Pirates Of Carribbean etc from my NAS over a 1gig wired network without any problems.

85Mbps homeplugs is not going to be fast enough - the 200Mbps should be ok.

Sounds like u have some sort of network issue.

Panasonic Store:

The MKV files are hard to convert and do take time as i found out myself but one thing i have ordered is the new Panasonic DMP-BDT300 3D blu ray player which has the ability to playback MKV files via the USB socket (meaning you will have to put the video you want to watch on a memory stick). This is mainly because i think this is the 1st ever machine that has the capability due to it being certified as a "DivX Plus HD" blu ray player.

It will be costly as the player is around £400 and obviosly it's 3D capable which is no benefit to you but it's the only piece of hardware that i know has the MKV playback facility.

M

Doesn't LG BD390 already support playback of MKV files (DivX HD)?

A

Anonymous

were only talking about ripping blu-rays that u actually own so u dont have to mess about finding the right disc.

U can call it a backup up in case the disc get scratched if u like.

A

Anonymous

bigboss:Panasonic Store:

M

and the oppo ..

daveh75

M

As does the Oppo...

A

Anonymous

M

I dont have a network issue as I am getting a solid 13mb download upstairs and my pc is on a homeplug,

Does the LG stream, or have you got to use usb?

And yes these are my blu-ray's that I copy for me... As I cant be bothered to get off my butt and get a disc
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

M

The LG BD390, the Oppo etc. can stream MKV files from your PC to the TV through the blu ray player. Where as the Panasonic DMP-BDT300 can actually playback MKV files without streaming as you basically put the movie on a USB memory stick and insert it into the player as the BDT300 has the relevant codec's onboard. I thought the Panasonic would be a good option if the OP has streaming issues.

M

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts