M&K M4T or Dali Fazon rear speakers

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
In my continuing search for a small pair of rear speakers to replace my KEF 2005 eggs I've read about the M&K M4T Tripole rears at £500 for a pair. Whilst they sound ideal for movies in my room where the rears have to be placed to the sides of the listening position, as tripole speakers, how are they going to sound with surround SACD's. My understanding is that for music use, the rears need to be more directional rather than spacious as these tripole speakers would be?

I'm really stuck with this one in finding a good musical match for my Proac fronts, which is small & stylish. The Dali Fazon's look good and already come with mounting brackets, but not sure how they will integrate with my Proac's, any advice there please. Or should I just find an extra £100 and get the Proac Response rears, which although quite small, are wooden boxes which don't look quite as neat as the other two.

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi Pete. Difficult decision. First instinct would be to go with the extra £100 for the Proarc rears bur owning the M&K M4T they are fantastic surround rears and you could find they sound fantastic with your Proarc fronts. I can't unfortunately tell you how they will sound as i don't own the Proarc fronts. A couple of points to consider to get the best out of the M&K tripole you will need space between your seating position and wall so if your seating is against the wall and your speakers are against the wall in the same linage then forget the M&K tripole i found this out when asking dealers about M&K tripole. You don't need a big space but your seating will need to be forward of your rear speakers. The M&K's excel with all surround material as this is what they are designed for.and i have no doubt will be great with surround SACD's. I wouldn't want to write off the Dali Fazon's as they look great .... i can't comment on them as not heard them but i think generally the M&K offer something different. What you could do is get the M&K's from a dealer on the understanding that you may want to change them for the proarc's if it's not for you , they may even let you trail the two together for a week so you can compare at home before you buy. I'm not sure it's much help but i felt compelled to speak up for the M&K's.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts