Lord of The Rings

Woodruffe

Feb 6, 2008
Visit site
Noticed that Fellowship of The Ring is on Channel 4 tonight with a simultaneous broadcast on 4HD. Does anyone know if this a HD version or will Channel 4 be upscaling the original? Even if they are upscaling will I really notice a difference compared to a 'pure' HD version?

Thanks,

Ben.

daveh75

Woodruffe:
Noticed that Fellowship of The Ring is on Channel 4 tonight with a simultaneous broadcast on 4HD. Does anyone know if this a HD version or will Channel 4 be upscaling the original?It will be tagged as being in HD in the EPG if indeed it is!

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
daveh75:Woodruffe:
Noticed that Fellowship of The Ring is on Channel 4 tonight with a simultaneous broadcast on 4HD. Does anyone know if this a HD version or will Channel 4 be upscaling the original?It will be tagged as being in HD in the EPG if indeed it is!

Would it not still be tagged as being in HD even if its only upscaled? (Which they did when it was shown in America)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
daveh75: No,it's only tagged as being HD in the EPG if it's actually HD.....
To the OP,it was upscaled BTW.

Was it? It looked exactly the same on my TV, no difference between the C4 and C4HD.

Woodruffe

Feb 6, 2008
Visit site
Thanks - I've changed the EPG now, should make life easier in future
emotion-1.gif
Must admit, didn't look as striking as I thought it would, I think I'll wait for the BR versions rather than watch the rest of the trilogy on Ch4.

Ben.

daveh75

the_lhc:daveh75: No,it's only tagged as being HD in the EPG if it's actually HD.....
To the OP,it was upscaled BTW.

Was it? It looked exactly the same on my TV, no difference between the C4 and C4HD.

Well i didn't watch it/ or compare it with CH4 tbh, as i have no interest in LOTR.I did however,flick it on briefly on one of my non-sky stb's that has C4 HD and also tell's you the broadcast resolution!

TRENDING THREADS