Looking to replace

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've currently got a Denon PMA-6.5 amp & Denon DCD-6.5 CD player which I bought as a set with the tuner and tape deck (which is now longer used and stored in the loft). At the same time I bought a set of Kef speakers. They have all performed really well over the years. Until now. I am now occasionally getting some distortion/crackling from the speakers. This normally happens during speech when the TV is on. Is this a problem with the speakers or the amp?

As it so happens, I have recently been looking to replace the lot with Brennan hard disk recorder, a Cyrus amp (maybe a secondhand 6 Cvs2 or if luck comes my way a 8 Cvs2), and a pair of EB Acoustics EB1's or AVI Neutron 5's.

I'm new to this so any opinions to my choice would be appreciated. Would my choice be OK to run my Samsung LE40A686, Panasonic DMR-EX78 and Sony BDPS-760 through it? Would I be better going for an AV amp? If so which?

Thanks

matthewpiano

A Cyrus amp deserves a better source than the Brennan. If you want a hard disk based system go for a Squeezebox Touch with a decent low-noise external hard drive. If you want CD replay buy a proper CD player.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts